CHAPTER FIVE; the tell

| your pov |

"JUST A REMINDER, parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a C average are required to attend." Harris announced from the front of the classroom. "I won't name you, because the same and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment."

He paused, standing beside Stiles, who was highlighting in his textbook.

"Has anyone seen Scott McCall?"

I looked around the room and realized I hadn't seen Scott all morning. Stiles looked up at Harris as the door opened.

Jackson walked in and took his seat. Harris leant down beside him and spoke to him quietly.

Then Mr. Harris walked to the front of the room.

"Everyone, start reading chapter nine."

I flicked through my book to find the page.

"Mr. Stilinski." I turned my head in the direction of my friend who sat beside me. "Try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry not a colouring book."

I laughed a little and Stiles elbowed me before shooting the lid from his mouth up and catching it. I leaned forward to talk to Danny, who sat in front of us.

"Hey, Danny, can I ask you a question?"

"No."

"Well, I'm going to anyway. Did Lydia turn up in your homeroom today?"

Stiles had told me earlier about what he saw the night before and since I hadn't seen Lydia all day, I was worried.

Danny sighed. "No."

I nodded and leant back again. "Thanks."

"Can I ask you a question?" Stiles leaned forward.

"Also no."

"Does anyone know what happened to Lydia and Jackson last night?"

"He wouldn't tell me." Danny answered sadly after a moment.

"But he's your best friend."

Danny sighed slightly and went back to his work.

"One more question." Stiles said as he leaned further forward.

"What?" Danny asked, very clearly annoyed.

"Do you find me attractive?"

Yes.

Stiles leaned forward more as he waited for Danny to answer, but then fell off of his chair.

I snickered, hiding my laugh behind my hand as Stiles stood up.

"Shut up." He muttered to me and took his seat again.

---

"COME ON, STILES."

"Where are we going?" He asked as I pulled him along with me, slipping his phone, which he had just been talking into, into his pocket.

"To see Lydia."

"Why?"

"You're the one who wants to know what happened last night." I pointed out. "Plus, I want to know if she's okay."

"Okay, okay, fine."

We walked out of the building and soon after were driving to Lydia's house.

Natalie Martin, Lydia's mom, let us in and took us up to her daughter's room.