CHAPTER SIX; heart monitor

| y/n's pov |

"STILL NOT TALKING to me?" Scott asked the second he sat in the seat behind Stiles.

He obviously got no answer. Not even a look in his direction.

"Can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? I mean, it's just a bruise, right?" Scott kept on talking to him but received no answer. "Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that big? You know I feel really bad about it, right?"

I looked over at Stiles and he didn't move a muscle. At least he was dedicated.

"Okay." Scott crossed his arms and sighed. "What if I told you that I'm trying to figure thid whole thing out, and... That I went to Derek for help?"

Stiles looked disappointed and huffed. "Y/N, can you tell Scott that I say that he's an idiot for trusting him?"

I looked over at Scott with an 'are you kidding me?' look while shaking my head.

I sighed. "Stiles says--"

Scott nodded and I silently thanked that I didn't have to repeat everything Stiles just said.

The school bell rang and I turned back forward for a moment.

"What did he say?"

Stiles had turned around in his chair, desperate to know. Scott smiled and then immediately proceeded to explain exactly what was happening with Derek for the whole lesson.

"He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" I asked as we walked out of class, trying to clarify.

"Yeah."

"Okay, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone." I said.

"And that someone's usually one of us." Stiles gestured between me and himself.

"I know. That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me." Scott sighed. "I have to be able to control it."

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?" Stiles asked.

Scott shrugged. "I don't know. I don't think he does either."

"Okay. When are you seeing him again?" I could tell that Stiles was thinking of something.

"He just told me not to think about it." Scott said. "Just act normal and get through the day."

Stiles put a hand on Scott's chest and got him to stop walking.

"When?"

"He's picking me up from the animal clinic after work."

"After work. All right, well, that gives me to the end of the school day then." Stiles nodded.

"To do what?" Scott and I asked at the same time, exchanging a confused look after.

"To teach you myself." Stiles said to Scott and then turned to me. "And you're gonna help."

---

I WATCHED AS Lydia left the cafeteria while Scott hid his face behind a history book so Allison wouldn't see him.