Chapter 1: Hope

Hope. Y/N has been clinging to the memories of her old life. Her hope has been fueled by her memories and urge to help the ones in need. It was what kept her going. It is what kept her surviving. Y/N's hope was the strongest out of her friends. Her hope fed the entity very well. It is what makes the entity constantly put her into trials. From the first day she arrived up until now, she was still the same person. Her spirit, never broken; still pure. Her personality, still bubbly and kind. She was the most altruistic teammate. She would risk her life and even be sacrificed to save the people she cared about. She would put her 100 in almost every trial. That's why killers liked her so much. Always intervening and taking the hit. Always getting sacrificed for them, but sometimes she wouldn't make it easy for them which they enjoyed a bit of a challenge. Y/n almost faced all of them except one, Evan Macmillan, known as The Trapper. He heard of her but she doesn't know he even exists. That was until Y/N had to go to trial for the third time in a row. That's when she was gonna face this killer. No matter how tired she was she always pushed through. She teamed up with Ace, Jake, and Jane. One of them brought an offering that would spawn all four of them together. They were at one of Hillbilly's realms, his parents' house. Y/N liked the Hillbilly's realms because it was brighter than the others.

"Y/N we decided to protect you this time", Jane said as the two men separated.

"It's alright Jane. I don't mind sacrificing myself for you or the others."

"I know but you deserve a break from protecting three teammates." In camp, while you were sleeping we all decided that if one of the three of us goes into trial with you that we will be the ones taking hits for you. We owe you. Jane gave y/n a warm smile. They got started with the nearest generator. Halfway through with the generator, the women were working on it, and the men already finished the other one. The women heard a snap from the distance and Jane knew exactly who they were facing. "Oh shit, it's The Trapper."

"The what?" Y/n seemed confused.

"The Trapper? You never went to trials with him?"

"No, never. I didn't know we had another killer."

"That's strange. You've been put in so many trials yet never faced The Trapper? Hm. Well, The Trapper is a strategic killer who places bear traps on the ground. You have to be very careful where you're stepping, or else you can get trapped. Trust me it's not fun getting trapped. The trapper always finds a way to take down survivors." The last sentence sent a shiver down Y/N's spine. After the gen popped they heard a snapping sound along with Ace screaming. "Shit", Jane mumbled. "I'll go help him. You do another gen and maybe find Jake."

"Alright." They headed their separate ways. Y/n made sure to be extra careful not to step on any bear traps. She heard a generator outside the house. She saw Jake as he was working on a generator and joined him. As soon as they were about to finish, Ace got downed and screamed in pain.

"I'll go help Ace; you go find another generator."

"Ay, ay captain", Y/N saluted. Jake playfully rolled his eyes and ran off to save Ace. As soon as Y/N walked away from the completed gen, Jane came running towards her injured.

"Here!" She handed a med kit to her teammate. Y/N began healing Jane's wounds. "I don't know how you can constantly take hits y/n. How do you do it", Jane asked.

"When you care about your friends you're willing to put yourself at risk to save them. Aaannd done. Good as new."

"Thank you."

"No problem." When everything was going well it went downhill very fast. One of the guys cleansed a hex totem thinking it was ruin; It was not, it was haunted ground. Jake got hooked, and Ace got downed rather quickly. Jane tried saving them both but ended up getting trapped. Panic arose within Y/n. She left the unfinished generator and went to untrap Jane. The ladies unhooked the men but Jane got instantly downed since her leg was injured. Ace didn't get far enough because he stepped on a hidden trap. The older man got hooked for the third time and the entity devoured his soul. As Y/N healed Jake, he suggested that she should distract the killer while he saved Jane. When The Trapper finished setting his trap, Y/N waved her hands and shouted.

"Hey over here!" The Trapper felt blood lust rising in him. He charged at the girl ready to take her down. He caught up to her rather quickly. She ran towards the trapped killer shack. Oh shit, she thought. The traps were pretty big but she managed to jump over them. She dropped the pallet before he could enter. As the trapper broke the pallet, Y/N closed the trap on the other doorway. She thought she outsmarted him until she stepped onto another trap hidden at the corner of the killer shack in the patches of grass. He slashed her back causing her to scream in agony. Tears came running down as she try to break free from his grasp. It was no use since the hook was very close to them. A gen popped as Y/N got hooked. He placed his traps around the hook before leaving to find the other survivors. When he was surly gone Jane came to rescue y/n. She disarmed the trap and unhooked Y/n. While Jane was healing her Jake got hooked in the basement at the Thompson's house. His scream echoed throughout the realm. After Jane finished patching up Y/N they both rushed towards the house. Y/N noticed the last gen regressing.

"I'll save Jake this time while you finish up that gen! I got a plan!" Jane ran up the stairs while Y/N headed down. The trapper was about to go upstairs until Y/N came rushing down successfully avoiding his traps. She quickly unhooked Jake. The killer wanted Jake but Y/N body blocked causing him to slash her back with his weapon. He still wanted Jake and kept body blocking until the killer was fed up and slashed her back once more. Jake headed to the second floor where Jane was. The tall man carried her back to the basement.

"What's your name?" She was buying time for her friends. Even though she was in pain she managed to make small talk which confused the man. "Nice mask. Nice weapon. What is it? What is it made of? Do-"

"Will you shut up!?" His deep voice boomed.

"No", She simply replied.

The last gen popped and she sighed in relief before getting hooked. So much for protecting her but she thought it worth it to save her friends. She didn't put up much of a fight with the entity. She was glad at least two of her friends were able to get out. This amazed the trapper. He thought she was brave for killing herself. Most survivors try to fight the entity back. Alas, the entity feasted on her soul. Jake and Jane were able to escape due to the fact he got distracted by the survivor's bravery. Her hope was stronger than her fears.