Chapter 20: Memeories

A month had maybe passed or more. Y/N was still held hostage but with a bit more freedom. She wasn't bound or handcuffed. She was able to walk on their side of the realm. But, something was different on this particular night. She started feeling butterflies when she was near or saw Danny. Maybe because she was stuck here for quite some time or maybe he was wearing normal clothes and was able to see his beautiful brown eyes. Who knows. She always caught herself trying to catch a glimpse of the man while a small smile formed on her blushing face. He was right on the day she was going to fall in love but it's not possible in this short amount of time. Maybe it's because they spent 99 percent of the time together or these feelings weren't real and it's all in her head. Who knows. Could it be Stockholm syndrome or was she actually in love with this handsome killer?

"What's wrong sweetheart", Danny took Y/N out of her deep thought.

"Hmm. Nothing. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"A lot of stuff. But I'm fine", she smiled. He came over to her and plopped on the couch near her. Danny wrapped his arm around her and kissed her forehead. She looked at him and gave him another warm smile.

"Your smile has always been beautiful Y/N."

"Thanks", she felt herself blushing. "You're too sweet. I like this side of you Danny it's better than what you showed me before."

"Well because I didn't feel ready to show you. Now that I'm comfortable with you I let my guard down. Honestly, you're the only person that has seen my softer side."

"Well, does that makes me special?"

"I guess so", he beamed. "If you could be anywhere in the world where would you want to be?"

"Hmm. Good question. Well, there are many places but my top choice would be my childhood home."

"Let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." He got up from the couch, take my hand, he held out his hand for her. She gladly took it and got up from the couch. He closed his eyes as he breathed deeply. Y/N was curious but didn't say anything. The fog appeared around them, thickening until it was hard to see their surrounding. The fog then cleared. Y/N was quickly in tears. They were standing in the middle of the living room in her childhood home. It was as if she was actually there. Everything was exactly the same as her home. Y/N was speechless.

"I felt like we were stuck in Myers's realm for a while so I thought maybe we needed a change in scenery."

"Thank you", tears streamed down. She wanted to kiss him but held back. She wiped her tears with her fingers and composed herself. "Come on I'll show you my old room", she exclaimed as she grabbed his hand and rushed them upstairs. She opened a pink door. Everything was the same. Her childhood room was pastel pink with princesses and fairies decorated everywhere. It was the most stereotypical little girl's room Danny had ever seen. Her small bed had thin pink curtains surrounding the bed and on top of the bed was filled with stuffed toys. "Oh, Mr. Teddy Bear I've missed you!" She rushed towards the toy bear that was neatly laid on the bed like the rest of the toys. She hugged the bear tightly. "As you can tell this was my room." She chuckled, placing her bear down. "I used to draw a lot. She said as she saw him looking at her drawings. Oh, c'mon I gotta show you my 2nd favorite place in the house." Outside her room, there was a long string above the ceiling. She Gently pulled down the string and steps were formed. They climbed up to the attic. Danny was in awe when he saw the attic. It was pretty big. There were colorful decorating lights hanging around the attic, and on the right side of the top room was a small tv and an old video game system. A purple bean bag was sitting in front of the tv. On the other side of the attic was a circle of pinkish purple carpet and on top of it was another but a smaller bean bag. Next to it was a white bookshelf filled with coloring books and kids' books. Around the bookshelf were small white decorating lights. "This was my dad's and mine space. Sometimes I would be alone up here other times he would be alone up here playing his games or we would both share this place. My mom occasionally came up to bring snacks or spend time with us." Y/N thought fondly of that memory. Danny was quietly absorbing the information.

"You must have a good childhood"

"The best."

"Did you have siblings?"

"No, but my parents were planning to have another one. Sadly that never happened. They found out she couldn't bear any more children. At least I had my cousins though."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's life." She showed him the rest of the house. "Well, that's the end of the tour", she said as they entered back to the living room. "Oh! I forgot one more thing. C'mon!" She grabbed his wrist and rushed out to the backyard. "This was one of my favorite places to be as well." It was a decent size backyard filled with fruit and flowers.

"How did your parents maintain the yard?"

"My mom did. But if she couldn't because of work. My neighbor or I would help maintain the plants. Speaking of my neighbor she was a sweet old lady. Ms. Monroe. She really knew how to bake a pie." She smiled at the thought of her elderly neighbor. "Now the tour is done", she smiled.

"Thank you for giving me a tour and telling me a bit about your childhood."

"No, thank you for surprising me with my old home." Y/N couldn't hold back anymore. She kissed his cheek gently. She looked into his eyes, cheeks feeling hot, then she slowly leaned in to kiss him on the lips. The girl suddenly felt embarrassed. "I'm sorry I shou-". He kissed her this time.