Chapter 26: The Explanation

"So explain," Y/N said as they entered Evan's mansion. Evan sighed.

"Of course. Come sit with me." She obliged. He took off his mask, preparing himself to speak. The tall man explained from the moment when she got stabbed until now. He tried to tell as much as possible without leaving a single thing out. "I was so angry at him that I wanted to kill him but I also wanted him to live so the guilt would eat him alive. For the whole year, hope, fear, and even rage kept me going to save you. Ghostface probably felt the same thing I did as well." Y/N felt stumped when she heard the explanation. She looked at the man and felt her heart flutter. He really did this for me, she thought.

"Thank you", she softly replied, "for saving me."She reached out to him and hugged him. He immediately wrapped his arm around her. Evan felt his tears welling up, ready to roll down but he quickly blinked them away not wanting her to see him vulnerable. He heard her sniffle and quickly let go.

"Hey, it's okay Y/N." He looked into her eyes with love.

"I'm sorry for being so emotional." The girl wiped away her tears.

"You don't have to apologize", Evan hugged her again.

"I have to talk to Danny", she let go of the hug.

"No! I forbid you!"

"Evan?" Y/N was shocked at his change of tone.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't trust him and I don't want you getting hurt again." She noticed the fear in his eyes and a hint of jealousy. Evan didn't want to lose her again. What if she still had feelings for him?

"I don't want him to continue feeling guilty. I want to let him know I forgive him."

"Y/N? How can you have a heart of gold especially living in this messed-up world?"

"That's who I am and I'm never gonna change that. There's always light at the end of the tunnel." It was silent for a moment until Y/N spoke again. "Evan", she looked deep into his eyes, "I'm sorry for not saying yes when you asked me out. I wanted to say yes but at the time I was confused about my feelings between you and Danny. I didn't know what I wanted until now." Evan's heart began to pound. Was she going to say yes to him or deny him and go with Danny? He was scared to find out the answer yet he still listened intently. "Danny hurt me so many times while you treated me the same. Gentle and kind. Something about Danny drew me in. In a messed up way like this messed up world I allowed him to do those things to me. Now I realized it was wrong to crave something so toxic. It opened my eyes that even though over time he did change for the better and cared about me I loved him for the wrong reasons. Evan, I should've said yes the moment you asked me."Her eyes began to gloss. "From the beginning, you treated me with kindness and showed me how much you cared. I felt like I took you for granted. It's okay if you don't feel the same no more I'll understand." Evan embraced her once more.

"I never changed my feelings toward you. I never stopped loving you." He let go of her and then cupped her cheeks gently. He looked into her eyes before kissing her softly on the lips. Everything he did to her was gentle which warmed her heart. "Y/N will you be mine", he asked again. This time she knew the answer.

"Yes", she smiled at the man. This time she initiated the kiss. A thought came to Y/N. They pulled away from the kiss. Evan noticed her expression change.

"What's wrong love?"

"What about my friends? Will they know what happened to me? Will I ever see them again? Will they still think I'm dead?" These were all the questions Evan couldn't answer.

"I'm not sure. The entity hasn't spoken to us about it.  But right now let's spend time with each other and worry about everything else later." She agreed with the man. Evan pulled Y/N closer to him. She relaxed her body and mind as she snuggled against him. They both enjoyed this moment. Y/N couldn't believe she got a boyfriend in this fake world and Evan couldn't believe he would find happiness again while being in this world. They both stayed like this on the couch until they both drifted off to sleep.

In Danny's cabin, Danny was still thinking about Y/N and the past. He still felt guilty, his heart was still heavy. Every time he tried to think of the good moments with her it ended up back to the time he stabbed her. Danny couldn't take it anymore. He trashed his cabin until he exhausted himself. Outside of the cabin, Frank, Ana, Amanda, and a couple of other killers heard the commotion.

"I'm going to check on him", Ana spoke.

"Just leave him be. I don't think he wants us to see him like this", replied Amanda.

"I'm with Amanda here", Frank spoke as well. Ana scoffed while rolling her eyes at them. She got up and headed towards Danny's cabin. She opened the door without knocking.

"Danny? Are you hurt?"

"What do you want Ana?" Danny was lying horizontally on his bed with his legs out. He stated at the ceiling while breathing heavily.

"I wanted to make sure you were all right."

"I'm fine. Just decorating my room. Leave me alone." The tall woman slightly nodded her head and left the man alone. She closed the door and went back to Frank and Amanda.

"So what happened", Frank asked.

"He wanted to be alone."

"Told you", Amanda mumbled.

"Was it that bad", asked Frank again. Ana only nodded. "Did it have to do with...you know who?" He whispered the last part. Ana rolled her eyes.

"You are very noisy", she replied. Amanda snorted at the comment.