Part 27

RECAP
Rolling my eyes I walked out the door leaving them in the classroom.
END OF RECAP

Classes went on usual until the last bell went. After some long thinking I decided to go to Payton's house after school because I don't want to go to my house. Walking with Chase and Payton to the the parking lot as Chase mentioned that everyone else will be coming later, we spot Harvey leaning against his car.

I forgot that he doesn't know that I'm not going home..... maybe if I run he won't see me...

C: does he know that you're not going home?
Chase asked.

Shaking my head no, Chase took my phone when he realized that Harvey was looking at us and texted him.

Messages

Me
Ashley isn't going home until late so you can leave.

Harvey
Why not?

Me
Because she doesn't want to 🙄.

Harvey
Can I at least talk to her?

Chase
Oops, I must have accidentally shut her phone off.

End of Messages

And that's the part where Chase shuts off my phone and places it back into my pocket. We started walking to Payton's house leaving a frustrated Harvey behind. It was a very short and comfortable walk..... maybe a little too comfortable.

They're always at each other's necks and now when they're quiet they make me nervous!?? I'm getting too used to them...

When we arrive the interior of Payton's house is just as beautiful as the exterior. Looking around has me wondering if this guy's rich or something. After calming down I realized that they're both sat on different couches on their phones. Come to think of it, they've been on their phones the whole way here.

Sitting down beside Chase I peeked over his shoulder to look at his phone and just as I suspected they were arguing. And by the frustrated look on Payton's face, Chase was winning.... again. A visible frown formed on my lips as I realize they aren't gonna stop anytime soon. I got up from the couch and started walking around the house until I stumbled upon the kitchen.

My stomach growled as I remember that I didn't eat breakfast and barely any lunch.
Opening the fridge I stumble upon cookie dough Ice cream.
After contemplating, I took the ice cream and then a spoon.

I'm sure he won't mind, his fridge is packed with them.....right?

I try not to think about it as I lean against the counter with my elbows on top of it. Opening the ice cream and taking a bite must have made me zone out as I didn't realize someone else walking into the kitchen. Still in my own world, not realizing that the person was now standing in front of me on the other side of the counter.

P: are you ok?
Payton asked.

I snapped my eyes up to meet his but it was only for a second. Giving him a slight nod to tell him yes as I continue to eat my ice cream.

P: do you like it? You can have more if you want.

I was going to take more anyway.... I'm hungry...

P: come to think of it, maybe you should eat something else as you haven't had lunch.

Maybe you should stop observing me and mind your own business...

P: I'm ordering Chinese food for you.
He said as he pulled out his phone.

Who am I to refuse someone buying food for me...

After putting his phone away he looks at me almost observing me.
He then started to make his way around the counter where I'm standing. Not even getting the chance to think before the ice cream is taken from my hands.

...Does he want to be punched in the face...

P: you shouldn't be eating ice cream on an empty stomach.
He says while closing it and putting it back in the fridge.

Without realizing, a frown appeared on my lips.

But...you just told me to eat it.Who does he even think he is anyway?

P: you're cute when you're mad.
He said chuckling.

I turned around as I started to feel my face burn a bright red.
Ready to stomp out of the kitchen but halt in my steps as he spoke.

P: do you want a cookie?

I turned back around to see him now holding a box of chocolate chip cookies in his hands. I shyly nod my head, not missing the cheeky look on his face.

P: you know...if you want one you have to say please.

Is he serious right now?

When he realized I made no move to speak he spoke again.

P: oh well I guess they'll just go back on the top shelf.
He said about to put them back.

I really wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't so hungry.

A: ...please.
I said softly making him turn to face me with a smile.

P:..say please Payton.
He said smirking.

Oh come on...

A: please Payton.
I said shyly.

Then something weird happened. Payton froze in his spot as his cheeks start tinting a light pink.

...What did I do?

A/N (PLEASE READ)

Hear me out..... I've been really busy with exams and study resulting in me not updating on the story but I'm back now.
Also thank you to everyone who is still reading the story and encouraging me to post💖.
I will be updating every Wednesday and Friday, bye👋.