23: Reveal

(Gwen's POV)

I'm rushing to my locker to see Y/n. I got to see if he has those hickeys I left on Spider-Man. I see my locker as I'm approaching it and see that Y/n is there too. He's in his locker, doing whatever and I rush even quicker over there.

I get to my locker and go ahead and open it. Once it's open, I peak over at Y/n and look at his neck. My eyes widen from what I see; Two hickeys in the exact same spot that I left hickeys on Spider-Man, and then the same exact necklace I gave Spider-Man.

Gwen: No way...

I freak out but breathe to calm me down. It's 100% true, the guy I love is also the guy I hate! How couldn't have I noticed sooner?! He was talking about me when we would vent to each other about our crushes! But we were venting about each other, right in front of each other!

Gwen: (Inhale) (Exhale)

I got to tell him. I got to tell him that I know. And he should know it's me too. I breathe in deep and before I say his name.

Gwen: Y/n.

I turn to him and he shuts his locker before turning to me.

You: What?

Gwen: (gulp) I...

We both look at each other in the eye but I avert my gaze to his hickeys. I touch them and he smacks my hand away.

You: What do you want?

Gwen: Um... Your hickeys uh...

You: Yeah? What about them?

Gwen: And the necklace?

I was about to touch it as well but he just smacks my hand again.

You: Back off. Look, I know what you're about to say. You're sorry. Yeah, cool. We can be friends but it's too late, I'm already dating someone. And no, it's not the girl that asked me out to the Dance, I didn't even get to go. But this girl is special. She's-

Gwen: Spider-Woman...

He stops talking and his eyes widen. I avert my gaze back to his eyes and we stare at each other, shocked.

You: How did you...

Gwen: Um, I-

You: (Clears throat) Spider-Woman? Really? You think I can actually date Spider-Woman?

Gwen: Well, yeah... Because...

I reveal the necklace that I'm wearing out from under my shirt and show it to Y/n. His eyes widen.

You: W-wa-wai-wait... w-wh-wha-what...

Gwen: Um...

He feels his necklace and looks at it. He then grabs my necklace and looks at it as well.

You: "Property of Dark"

Gwen: And yours should say "Property of Ghost"

You:...

He just freezes and let's go if my necklace. He then shakes his head rapidly and grabs my shoulders.

You: Let's talk after school. Meet up at the rooftop right after school. Talking here would be risky and we need a lot of time to talk, I know.

Gwen: Um... Okay...

You: Good.

He then let's go of me, turns around and starts walking in a direction opposite from the cafeteria.

Gwen: Wait!

I yell at him and he stops and turns around. I close my locker, run up to him and hug him.

Gwen: I love you...

I say as I tighten my hug. He stands still for a few seconds and then he hugs me back and pulls me closer, kissing my cheek before saying back,

You: I love you too...