1

Akaza has never felt empathy for any death he had caused. None. He has always felt this.. Coldness. He knows he once felt the warm feeling one does when they find something they love.

Not long ago, Muzan Kibutsuji decides to test Akaza's loyalty.

He had almost permanently killed the uppermoon, which had granted him the visions of his past, his wife and close friends. Like a story flashing through his mind, how his wife was poisoned, how he had lost the ones closest to him, all of the awful things he had been put through, the pain and misery, and the obsession he had with his wife. Ahh yes. His lovely little obsession.
He saw the way he would glare at every man his late wife would speak to, and he would watch her every movement when out in public with her.

Oh, the things he did to 'protect' her. To keep her warm when the winter came. To make sure she would choose him, only him. His obsession would go as far as threatening people to stay away from her. Yet she remained clueless, as none dared to inform her about his problem.

When his 'story' had ended, he remained loyal to Muzan, knowing that his wife was pleading, begging for him to leave this horrid demon life. The one thing he had thought in the moment, 'You're not my wife anymore' ..

His feelings were gone. He didn't care about her anymore, he felt nothing. His obsession faded away. The phase moved on. He still feels the torturing coldness in his heart. Nothing could change his mind about his wife.

Which is why he never dared to hurt a woman. Especially not after his visions. Although he lost feelings, he respects the woman for making him feel the warmth at one point, so he must do what it takes to repay the kindness she and her father once shown him, to never hurt women or children. He followed this one rule of his for years. Never breaking the rule.

Tanjiro had felt cold too, at one point.
When he came home to the motionless corpses of his deceased family members had scarred him. He sees them in his dreams, constantly blaming himself for not being there for his family, for his sister who is now a demon. He would always smile through the pain, and would always look through the negative to find the positive. Then he felt the warmth. Not the warm feeling he feels when he sees his adorable little sister, not the warmth of an older brother, no. This is different. A superior he looks up to. Sort of a crush. Giyuu Tomioka, although he always looks miserable, his dull tone can make Tanjiro's stomach form butterflies. Sort of.. An obsession..

Whenever he would see the man, he can hardly muster up the words to say. His mind would go blank and instantly fill with ways to confess his love, or to make Tomioka smile, or to atleast compliment the man.. Oh Tanjiro.. I wonder how the boy would feel when he finds out the secret relationship Tomioka has with another pillar.. As they will be planning to let their relationship go public soon.

I wonder how he will feel, knowing Tomioka has no interest in him. Knowing Tomioka will never want to call him 'his'.

When both hearts are cold, they create a flame unknown to mankind. The two opposites, joined together. An obsession.

I am so glad to be back with another book!
I'm sorry if Akaza's late wife's death isn't accurate, I just tried my best to remember her cause of death! And idk if Koyuki's father is the one who also first shown him kindness or whatever..
None of this is cannon. Neither Tanjiro or Akaza have an obsession, I think.
Akaza never had an obsession that I know of towards his wife, it's all fiction!

But I will be trying to post more often, and I am going to take my time on this book.
I might delete my Q/A aswell.

Also, if anyone wants a tiny little bit of 'mature' writing, I'll do it in future chapters. ;)
<3