7

Aoi's Pov

Night slowly fell, and Hashira's arrive every few minutes. It took a while for my nosebleed to stop.. I feel so ashamed.

As everyone gathered around the large table, I helped place the food down. "Miss Aoi? Where is Tanjiro and Nezuko, if you don't mind me asking." Mitsuri spoke in her usual kind tone. "I haven't seen him around, is he okay?"

"O-oh.. U-uhm.." Stop it Aoi.. Stop stuttering..!! "He usually c-comes here late because he b-brings Nezuko with him to j-join in.. Y-you know how he is.." I tried my best not to stutter. "Is everything okay, Aoi?" Kanao asked me, sitting across from shinobu.

"E-everything is fine!" I nervously laugh. "Where is Giyuu?"

"I'm here." He entered the room and sat next to Shinobu, who began mumbling to him, glancing at me now and then. They're onto me..!

"Now that you're all here.. B-before we uhm.. Begin. I need to tell you something.. About Tanjiro.."

"Is he dead?"
"Injured?"
"Is he a demon?"
"It's that demon sister- isn't it- she slaughtered him!"

So many questions.. "No-no he isn't dead.. Or with--I mean a demon!" I cover my mouth for a minute, taking a deep breath.
"What is it Aoi? Your nose is bleeding, is everything okay?" Shinobu gave me a worried look. I covered my nose. I'm so perverted, forgive me everyone..

"Uhm.. W-well.. Last night- I came to check on Tanjiro-- he was in the forest..." I uncovered my nose, letting it bleed as I looked down. "And.. Well- there was a demon.. An upper rank--"
"He's been slaughtered." Sanime sighed. "Let's kill the sister-"
"No!" I interrupted him. "He isn't dead!"

"Hm? Encountering an upper rank alone, and making it out alive?" Mitsuri had a thinking expression on. "Perhaps he killed the upper rank. He's ull of surprises, and it's annoying." The serpent hashira, Obanai, mumbled.

"Uhm.. Well he didn't exactly kill the demon."
"Is he working with the demon king?" Uzui spoke in a stern tone.

"I'm really not sure.! I was listening in from afar- and I may have fallen asleep for a little while.. So I don't know." I spoke in a nervous tone.. I feel like a snitch.. "But- when I woke up.. Uhm.. I s-saw.." I feel my face heat up.

"What did you see, Aoi?" Kanao asked quickly. "I saw.. Th-them.."

The tension built up. "Sorry we're late!" I hear a voice behind me and shriek. "I'm sorry Tanjiro forgive me but I had to!!!" I cry, tears streaming down my face. He had a look of confusion while Nezuko was in his arms.

"Eh? Are you okay? Your nose is bleeding.." He mumbled with a slight frown. "I had toooooo!" I cried.

"Uhm.. What?" He asked with pure confusion.

"Don't mind her tanjiro, I think Aoi is a bit tired." Shinobu mumbled. "Can you move back, you're going to get blood on the food." Uzui spoke to me in a bored tone. "Aoi is just telling us about you being with a demon." Mitsuri smiled. "Please continue the story! It sounds sooo spooky!"

Tanjiro's Pov

"Please continue the story! It sounds sooo spooky!" Mitsuri had an intuiged look on her face. My eyes slightly widen, I have a stern expression while I stare at Aoi. A demon, perhaps she saw me with Akaza. But how.. There was nobody nearbye as I came back.. And I swear she left.. Maybe she just saw him while he was in the shade, and that's what she was going on about.

"I'd like to hear to story too!" I suddenly smiled. "It sounds interesting." I sat down, there was anextra chair for Nezuko too, even though she couldn't exactly eat normal food.. "W-well.." She wiped away her tears.
"Uhm.. Nevermind.." She rushed away. I guess I got here just in time, then again, she was still able to tell them almost everything.