4

Akaza's Pov

I entered the infinity castle once more, my thoughts flooding my mind uncontrollably. "Akaza."

I quickly bow down infront of my master. "Did you kill him? The boy with the hanafuda earrings."

Ofcourse, telling him about my feelings for the boy is probably going to send me to my death. But, if he sends any other demon to kill him, I'm afraid I may lose him. "Forgive me, master. I.. Don't think I can." I spoke in a quiet tone, I wasn't afraid of him, more afraid of the boy whom I may never feel that warmth again, the warmth I love.

"You cannot kill him? Pathetic. I suppose you have a good excuse? Stand."

I quickly stood straight, keeping my head slightly low. "Well.." I mumbled, my cheeks growing hotter by the second. "It's just that.."

"I don't have all day, tell me. Now."

My hands curled up into a fist, I tensed. "When I saw him, I felt.. Warm. And.. I want to feel that again.. So, I'm sorry but I am unable to kill him, and.. I won't let anyone else harm him..!" I spoke in a mumble, I just knew how flustered I looked.  

"You have a crush on a human? How adorable.!" Daki jumped onto the platform, giggling. "A demon slayer too, how pathetic!"

I tensed, ofcourse she wasn't lying, and hearing another demon call it pathetic made me feel even more embarrassed.

"If you would like, I can finish the job for him, Master?" Daki approached, I instantly stared at her wide eyed, a dark look on my face. "Do it, and I'll rip your head off.." I spoke with a scowl.

"Silence, both of you." Master ordered. He stared at me for a moment with a stern look. "So be it. If you do not want to kill the kid.. Don't."
Both me and Daki had a shocked look on our faces. There was a moment of silence. "But if you cannot kill the one with the hanafuda earrings, I will. You have until next week."

As he dissapeared, me and Daki stood there in silence. "You idiot." She mumbled. "He's going to kill you too."

"Don't say it like I mean something to you." My fists were clenched, I was anrgy, but upset. "You really refused a mission?!" Daki turned to me. "All because of some dmeon slayer?!"

"Shut up Daki! He's not just a demon slayer--"
"He?"

I was silenced. "You're inlove with.. A boy?" She scrunches her face into a confused look. "Have you always.. Loved males?"
She was speaking as if she didn't even knew it existed.. Then again, I heard she's young. Even for a demon, she's still clueless about sexalities.
"No. You really didn't know men can like the same sex?" I asked, also confused now.

She shook her head. Now she really was acting childish. I sigh and go to leave. "Wait!"

"What is the 'feeling'? What does it feel like..?" She now sounded upset or depressed, she spoke in a soft and quiet tone.

"It feels l--" I pause. She really thinks I like her enough to tell her everything about my life? I'm only tolerating her until she eventually gets put down- I don't care about her or anyone else, even if they're children, mentally or physically. "Ask your brother, there's no point in telling a cold hearted child like you." I speak coldly, she stays silent, and I leave. A child. Even if I told her, it'd make me uncomfortable talking about this to a child.

Tanjiro's Pov 

"I have something to tell you." I mumble, walking in a quick pace to keep up with Giyuu, who basically ignored me and quickened his pace. "Wait!" I top him by running infront of him. I'm kind of glad he walked so quickly, now we're away from everyone.. "I have an important task. Make it quick." He quietly sighed. I smiled, feeling my cheeks grow hotter at the second. "Well.. I-.." I paused, my nerves built up. "I--uh..-"

I felt his hands grab mine, I realised I was scratching at my skin from how enrvous I was, my hand has red marking on it now.. "Breathe. Now tell me." He speaks more calmer, soothing me.

"..I like you." There was a moment of silence. "I mean-- not like you as in a friendly manner.. I want to be more than friends.."

~~
Cliffhanger? Also thanks for being soooo patient! You'll definetly be having more updates from now on! Byeeee