9

Tanjiro's Pov

"We can always leave now, and we might make it there by dawn, enough time to get in your old house as shelter for me and the brat." Akaza spoke as he pointed to my sister. "Don't call her that!" I sigh. "No, we won't make it. Not when dawns going to arrive this soon. You'll both burn or be stuck in a small spot where you'de brarely be able to move. It's best to just wait, plan this out, right?" I explain, Akaza groans.
"How boring. I don't want to wait."

"You have to. I'm not leaving Nezuko on her own either, so we'll have to pack a few things. Is there anything valuble that you would like to take with you? The journey will be quick, we won't be staying there, but still.." I shrug as he stays silent. "No."
"..You don't have anything close to you?"
"No..? I'm not a child."

"What do you mean!? Elderlies back home would constantly tell stories about different items they kept with them throughout their whole life because it presented a special moment in time! And- how old are you anyway? 5000? I'm sure you have something worth keeping--"
"Moron- I'm only 200!" He frowned. "..And no. Nothing valuble."

I shrug. "Oh well.. Looks like the sun is rising.. I have to take Nezuko back, I'll meet you back here to plan our adventure when the moon is up.." I pick my sister up as she sleeps peacefully. "You really thought I was 5000?!" Akaza spoke in a wuiet mumble, but he sounded offended.

"I don't know anatomy or lifespan of demons! I apologise if I hurt your feelings." I stand up, as he did the same. "Anatomy?! We have similar anatomy to humans, idiot!"

"See you back here!" I wave as I walk away. It's difficult caring for one demon, let alone another, especially if they're both childish..

I arrive back at the mansion, slipping back into the building and into my dark room, where Nezuko sleeps. Yawning, I walk into the dining room, the Hashira should still be here, so breakfast will probably be extremel awkward. Thankfully Inosuke and Zenitsu are attending this time. I sit in between my two friends as they ate away, the other Hashira calmly chatting and eating at a more.. Slower pace.

"..Hey, Tanjiro- uhm.." Kanao suddenly spoke to me, and it went quiet. "Well.. I wanted to know if you were okay.. Uhm, because you ran out before eating and all- but you weren't in your room.. I was just wondering where you went..?"

"Oh! Yeah, I decided to go for a walk, I was pretty stressed last night, forgive me for worrying you.." I managed to speak without yawning, thank god. "Oh, about that mission you were telling us about.. You needed three girls?" Shinobu turned to Uzui. "Yes. I'm taking the blue girl and the two younger ones." Usui responded, causing Aoi to tense.

"Oh- how about Inosuke and Zenitsu take the place of the younger children? You know it could be a dangerous mission." The woman responded in her usual calming and kind tone.

"..I could take Aoi's place if it's okay with her?" I volunteered, the remembered Akaza. Oh.
"No Tanjiro. You stay, Aoi can handle herself, she has the two boys and Uzui, right Aoi?"
The girl hesitantly nodded. I took a breath of relief.
"What's up Tanjiro, you're not going down the cowards path already hm?" Obanai spoke in a mocking tone, he obviously didn't like me. I waved my hnds about in a sense of panic. "No no! I just remembered something is all- it wasn't about the mission at all!"

"..Speaking of which.. I should check up on Nezuko!"

Aoi's Pov

As Tanjiro left, we all went into more serious tones. "We need to follow him tonight, your two and Aoi won't be available, perhaps Mitsuri?" Shinobu suggested. "Oooh! I will ofcourse! I love seeing enemies to lovers!!"

"..Perhaps not Mitsuri." I mumbled. "Sorry."
"I can do it.?" Kanao raised her hand slightly.

"I see no problem with that." Mitsuri and a few others agreed. "Kanao.. You must stay a safe distance away, demons can sense you.. And if anything goes wrong.. If we get caught.. Inform us all right away."