11

Kanao's Pov

I sit in the tree, waiting for a presence. Finally, Tanjiro arrives with Nezuko. "Oh- we forgot your muzzle.." Tanjiro mumbled to Nezuko.. I fear the worst. I cannot do this. I can't keep secrets from him.

I land perfectly on my feet, startling Tanjiro. "K-Kanao?!"

"Forgive us Tanjiro. We know." I speak with a slight frown. It feels wrong keeping secrets from a friend. Especially one as kind as Tanjiro. I know he wouldn't go against us.. He means well. I know he does. "..Know?"
"About the Uppermoon."

His nervous smile fades. "Kanao.. I can explain--"
"I understand. I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt us.. But- I think you should talk with Master about this."

He hesitantly agreed, and we visited the Ubuyashiki estate. I understand it isn't exactly the best time. But I fear Tanjiro might run from fright if we wait longer. He has been keeping secrets for his and Nezuko's sake.

"Good evening Kanao and Tanjiro. My husband is resting, so I will be sitting here in his position." Or masters wife, Amane, sat down with a calm smile. "I have been informed Tanjiro has been in contact with an Uppermoon."

I glance to Tanjiro. He looked worried. "You are right. I never intended to plot against the demon slayers, I promise. I would never do that..!" Tanjiro lowered his head. "All is well, child. No need to worry.. But, another piece of information has been brought to me."

Another..? What is she talking about. "You know the location of the Blue Spider Lilly. the flower that is able to make demons walk in sunlight."

Widening my eyes, I look at Tanjiro quickly. "You are right.. I do."

"Were you planning on giving the flower to the demon king?"
"No! I never did!" Tanjiro responded quickly, honesty in his eyes. Amane was silent for a moment. "..But you intended on giving th flower to the Uppermoon..?"

Tanjiro's Pov

I tensed. What was I supposed to say..?
"Yes." My voice was full of worry. I'm going to get kicked out. My friends will hate me.. Who knows what will happen to Nezuko..

"I shall give you an option. Choose with honesty." Amane spoke with a clear tone, she didn't raise her voice. She was gentle. But it still scared me..
"You can hand over your uniform and sword, and do as you please from then on.."
"..Or, you can keep your position, you shall never contact the demon again, and this will never be discussed again. The location of the flower will remain unknown to anyone and you will fufill your duty as a demonslayer.. Choose which one you'd prefer."

How could I choose? Akaza wanted to spend time with me in daylight.. He's friendly to me, and tries his best to be calm around me.. I know I haven't been a good-enough friend to him in return but.. I like him. Platonically..?

But then.. I fear the worst for my sister, I feel like Akaza is only using me for the flower.. What if he is..? I've already told him the flower was near my home.. Maybe he can get directions from Muzan and take it..?

I have to.

"I would like to keep my position. I will never contact the demon again.. And I will never mention the location of the flower.. To anyone." My tone was quiet, I couldn't hide the sadness, for some reason. I'm pretty good at that..

"I see. Then you shall do exactly that. Now, rest." Amane stood up. "I have high expectations for you, Tanjiro. Make sure you keep your word."

And she was gone. "..I'll leave you for a moment." Kanao left the estate. I let the tears fall, as I silently cried until no more tears were able to fall. I slowly walked back to the butterly mansion, passing Kanao.

I walked through the halls, until I saw a door open. It was Shinobu. "Oh- Tanjiro. Is everything okay?" She had a kind smile, but it faded when I did not return the smile. "You do not have to lie anymore. I've spoken to Amane. I will no longer contact the demon." I slowly walked past her, she stood silent, letting me pass.

Entering my room, I see Nezuko, her muzzle still gone. I lay in the bed, sighing as I fell to sleep after a while.

Akaza's Pov

Keeping my word was difficult, those demon slayers managed to escape. I'm surprised a Hashira abandoned the fight, but he was near death, and Daki and her brother messed up those wives of his alot. Those younger demon slayers were injured bad too.. I made sure not to touch the women. I picked up Nezuko's bamboo muzzle, which was somehow still intact even after the wreckage. "I have to get back, I need to meet Tanjiro. See you." I wave to Daki and her brother as I walk away.

"Hey, you forgot the muzz-.."
They're not here..? I told him to wait for me.. He usually is patient, maybe he was just tired. "Knock knock!"

I spin around, ready to attack. It's the insect pillar. "I am not here to fight!" She speaks in a light and kind tone, I stayed aware, focusing on her and my surroundings. "I've come to tell you, Tanjiro will not be seeing you anymore."

I glare. "What did you do?!" I raise my voice. She giggled. "Nobody is hurt. Nobody is dead.. It seems, Tanjiro wants to focus more on his duty as a demonslayer than waste his time on someone who is an enemy to us."

"Idiot, I know Tanjiro. He doesn't just leave without an explanation or a goodbye. You've done something to him.!"

"Think what you like. I was just passing on information. Have a lovely night."

She dissapeared.
I dropped to the floor, glancing at the muzzle. He wouldn't just.. Leave me..

No, I'm right- he wouldn't leave me. Something has happened. That little bug isn't telling me everything. Infact, she barely said shit. He'll see me tomorrow night. Maybe he's made up an excuse and is coming back.. I've got to be right, I've already told him most of my life so far.. I can't let him leave me. I won't. I'll kill that bitchy bug if I have to, just to get the message across. Damn, I let that Hashira live for him.

He has to come back. I've already risked my life just to defend him, and it's not like I have all the time in the world. Muzan is going to kill him..

~~