13

Shinobu's Pov

While walking late at night, I bumped into Tanjiro. "Oh. You're up too?--" I pause when he looked up at me, his face.. He was crying.
"Sorry.." He mumbled. He went to walk away. "So, did he get angry at you? You look pretty upset." I knew he had just come back from seeing that Upper 3. It was kind of obvious. "No. Yes." He sighed. "I'm tired.. I'm going to go to sleep now.. Just please don't tell anyone."

I smiled. "Your secrets safe with me!"

He slightly smiled to me, but walked off. I wish I was there, I wanted to hear what Tanjiro had to say, if I'm being honest. But it's not my business.

Tanjiro's Pov

It's been a few days now. I've barely spoken to anyone, and I haven't gone on any missions, Inosuke and Zenitsu always go without me, sometimes they try to convice me to come along, but I decline. The Hashira are still around. Keeping an eye on me probably.

It was morning, and I sat at the table quietly eating while the Hashira's laughed with eachother. "..So.." Mitsuri then spoke after a moment of silence. "If nobody is going to say it, then I will."

"Where is the blue spider lilly, Tanjiro?"

I look up, everyone began looking at me. "What?"

"I mean- we've all been dying to know! Right?!" She looked to a few other Hashira, who sigh or shake their heads. "How do you know anyway?"

"My mother. She shown me." I mumbled.
"Aww, how sweet! Is she doing well?"

It went silent. "My mother was slaughtered." I plainly spoke, beginning to eat once more. The silence was way too loud, almost painful.
"Sorry.. Uhm. Moving on- where is it?"

"I'm not supposed to be talking about that."

"Ohh.. Wait- not supposed to be talking about the flower- or the demon?"

Obanai nudged her. "Shush." He whispered. I stopped eating.

"What Mitsuri means to say is.. She's a bit confused.." Shinobu mumbled, obviously aware of how much tension there is in the room.
"..I meant the flower." I mumbled, putting down my chopsticks.

"I see, I see.. So that means you can talk about the demon?"
"Mitsuri." Uzui mumbled. "So.. What was it like?! Was he super sweet or super mean-- or was he super mean but eventually became such a softie towards you! Orrr was he super sweet but really he was just mean.?! I have sooo many questions! Has he ever fought you?! Did you win..? Is he funny or super boring? Or is he one of those kinds of people who are super obsessed with you and tell you they wanna run away together--"

"Stop." I mumbled. Mitsuri paused, noticing she said way too much.
"I'm sorry! I'm just sooo interested in it." She kept her smile on her face. I know she means well, I understand she is one of those lovey dovey kinds of people. "Uhm.. Anyway- as I was saying--" Obanai mumbled.

"I'm kind of interested too." Shinobu mumbled. "I know it isn't my place to ask, but what was he like? Mitsuri and Muichiro are pretty interested in it."

"Hey, don't bring me into this." Muichiro spoke quickly.
"What? But me, you and Mitsuri were discussing it before, you're as interested as we both are."

They then looked towards me again. "Before any of you say anything, I'm only interested now that you three are making a big deal about it." Sanemi leaned forward.       "I said don't bring me into this.."

"Actually, I've always wondered what it'd be like to get along with a demon, you have Nezuko obviously.. But an uppermoon is what I'm more intruiged with." Uzui mumbled.

Mitsuri nudged Obanai. "No." He spoke to her, she smiled at him, and he sighed. "Okay, I'm interested too."

"Giyuu?" Shinobu turned to the man sitting next to her.
"..Sure."

I stay silent as they're all asking about it. "Gyomei, you're interested right?" Sanemi asked. "Okay- everyone is interested, don't start with that holy stuff you talk about, I already regret asking you."

They turned to me once more. "..So?"

I sighed. "He was.. Confident. And is funny sometimes. He can be mean sometimes.."

"..But?" Mitsuri leaned forward.

"But.. Overall, he's.." I paused, feeling awkward. "..He was 'super mean but eventually became a big softie' towards me." 

Mitsuri giggled. "I knew it!!"

"How was the kiss?" Muichiro mumbled. I paused, feeling even more awkward. "..It was okay."

"So he's a good kisser!! EEEK- I need to meet him!!"

"Mitsuri, he's a demon--"
"But a good kisser, Tanjiro even said it himself."

"I didn't say it was 'good'. I said it was 'okay'." I got flustered. She turned to me. "So the kiss wasn't good? He's a bad kisser..?"

"No. He's a good kisser okay?" I sigh.
"See? I told you!"

"What about at the entertainment district? Why were you two there?" Uzui asked. I clenched my fists.

They. Know. Eveything.

"It was to meet someone.." I mumbled.
"Oh. Well, aslong as it wasn't that other demon who tried to kill me a few times."

I stayed silent. "..It was." Muichiro sighed. "He has it written all over him." 

"Well shit." Sanemi mumbled. "I mean.. That's kind of impressive, not gonna lie."

"Now hat you say it, it is." Obanai mumbled. "We could use Tanjiro.. As a little spy on the inside kind of thing."

"That's a good idea."
"It kind of is!"

The pressure. I feel like I'm going to break. "Hey, Tanjiro--"

I quickly stood up, rushing out of the room. I stood near the door, covering my mouth. "..So.. Does anyone know if he's going to eat that? I don't think he wanted to answer.." Mitsuri mumbled. "He hated the idea." Muichiro mumbled. "We didn't even ask him if he felt comfortable with that."

"Oh. I-I didn't mean to make him uncomfortable." Mitsuri spoke.
"Calm down Mitsuri. It's his fault for getting involved with a demon in the first place." Obanai replied.

"You shouldn't blame him. I mean, I'm involved with you and nobody's hating on me for it." Mitsuri mumbled. "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!"      "Exactly. You're judging him because of it, what if someone judged me for being friends with you? If anything, it's probably one of the smartest things a demon slayer could do right now."

I ran away, back to my room. I put the do not disturb sign on the door, Aoi handed it to me whenever I was feeling upset and didn't want to be bothered by staff. I lean against my door, staying there until night fall.

~~

: )