Chapter 17

Mars POV

We all sit down after the phantom broke in. Matt is still livid at Alex for giving the Phantom serum, Alex just doesn't care at this point and is staring into the darkness, Sky is still super jumpy and still blames themselves for Ben going back into control, my mind is racing when I come up with a idea.
"Hey Matt?" I ask.
"Yeah Mars?" Matt answers back, stretching and yawning.
"When we all go back home and get some good sleep for a few hours, do you wanna take your van and do a stakeout? We can maybe catch the phantom." I ask, getting more tired.
"Yeah, we can do that. Everyone should head home and rest, try to get enough sleep so you won't end up like Woods and fall asleep." Matt says, giving Woods a slight shove.
"Hey! You can't blame me though the bed in your van is quite comfy," Woods replies, jokingly acting offended.
Matt chuckles "God, okay come on people out to your cars and drive safely, please don't fall asleep behind the wheel!" I hear Matt yell behind me. Woods decides to drive me to his apartment since he wants to keep an eye on me after getting hurt. He also doesn't want to explain to my roommates why I'm limping. As I get home I plug in my phone and my computer and doze off into a nice sleep. 

The Next Day

I arrived at Spellbound after my surprisingly good sleep. It's been a while since I've had one of those, with everything going on.
"Good Morning Mars!" I hear Sky yell from her office
"How did you know that it was me coming in?" I questioned her slightly confused because she had her back to me.
"I used to associate footsteps with people when I was younger and you sliding your feet around, I knew it was you," She says, turning around from her chair and handing me a coffee. "
This is for you, I may or may not have asked Woods what kind of coffee you like," Sky says.
"Woodland, I'm gonna hurt you! My coffee order stays between me and you and you just had to tell Sky, no one can know I drink anything other than monster!" I hear Woods chuckle as he walks out of Blue Base warehouse having spray paint all over him
"Hey! Don't blame me, Sky just wanted to do a nice thing!" Woods says as he reaches over me and goes to pat Sky's hair when she grabs his wrist.
"Once you wash your red hands then you can pat my head, you may need an entire shower look at you!" She yells, making me giggle and Woods blushing embarrassingly,
"Thanks for the coffee Sky!" I say as I drag a still confused Woods out of her office.
"Hey Woods, you good?" I ask.
"Oh yeah I'm fine, just a bit embarrassed," Woods says.
"Okay well I'm gonna talk with Matt about us staying overnight for a steakout, you go wash up," I say sipping my coffee and walking to Matt's office.

Matt's POV

I'm working at my desk when I hear a knock at my door.
"Come in," I say, leaning back in my chair.
"Hey Matt, can I talk to you about the stakeout idea?" I hear Mars ask. I look up at them and point to the chair in front of me. They sit down.
"So, I was thinking we split up into groups, we will probably have two groups of two, and one group of three," Mars explains to me, I nod and take some notes. Sounds like the kid put thought into this.
"The obvious groups would be Alex and Sam, Woods and I, and You, Bailey, and Sky. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be the best idea to have Woods and I in a group," Mars says, gesturing with their hands.
"At least you're self aware," I say and get an embarrassed chuckle as a response.
"I also wouldn't suggest putting you and Woods together, so I'd say put Sam and Woods in a group," they say and I write it down.
"Keep going kid," I say.
"You, Sky, and Alex, and then Bailey and I," They suggest, I write all of it down.
"Awesome, I have everything written down, we will go over it and make some changes once Sam and Alex get here," I say standing up. Mars nods and stands up, holding papers in their hands. We walk out of my office as I see Alex walk up, but there is no sign of Sam.