"i brought you flowers"

After profusely thanking April for wrapping up the goodies, Raph quickly hurried back to the lair, a crescent shaped bouquet in one hand, and a somewhat weighted box in the other. On his way back, he snagged a box of pizza and brownies for Crescent to munch on from the pizza boy in a moped.

Raphael was oozing with glee, excited for Crescent's reaction. As soon as he stepped into the lair, he felt something was off. Nobody was immediately there to wonder what was up with Raph, or even tease him. The only thing he heard was the faint mewling of Ice Cream Kitty.

He looked into the lab, where Donnie had his back facing Raph, seemingly working on something. He then looked to Crescent's room, with no one there. Lastly, he checked his own room, where Leo and Mikey looked at her. The air felt heavy.

Leo quickly came up with an excuse the minute Raph walked in. "We're just checking if she still has a fever."

Mikey was quiet. He strained a smile, but it was clear he wasn't in the mood. What's going on, thought Raph.

"We'll leave you two alone." Leo clapped Raph's shoulder as him and his younger brother left silently.

"Hey, Raphie!" Crescent said.

She had dark circles under her eyes. She also seemed to have lost a bit of weight since the week before, as it seemed her cheeks sunk in her face. It concerned Raph greatly. I really hope that sickness she has blows over soon.

"I brought you some stuff. I know you're sick and all, so I thought I should get some stuff to make you feel better." A small blush flushed his face. Even after all this time, Crescent still made Raph blush.

"Aw, you shouldn't have!" She exclaimed.

Raph set the food to the side of the bed. Crescent forced a gag back. Food was something she was not looking forward to.

"Hey Raph, can you put the food to the kitchen? I don't want to put grease on your bed." She lied.

Raph immediately understood, fiercely apologizing and putting it to the kitchen. Crescent took this time to slow her breaths, only to result in a nasty bloody cough. She wiped the blood onto her pants as Raph came back into the room.

"Were you peeking?" He teased.

Crescent weakly laughed. "No, of course not!"

Raphael pulled out a crescent shaped bouquet, filled with flowers that told of Crescent's life and name. The details of the flowers were written on a postcard. Crescent saw this and began to well tears.

"Aw, Raph..." She croaked.

"I'm not done yet."

He then pulled out the box of Tank Girl comic books, two art books from the band Gorillaz, a music player with various instrumental artists, and a custom painted postcard from Si_ku with a girl that closely resembled Crescent.

"Raphael," she started.

Tears were freely flowing down her face. Her throat began to close up. She was crying because of two reasons. One was because Raph cared for her so much he got these gifts for her. The other was because the gifts would soon be for nothing.