It All Piles Up

Requested by SmileCat41! Thank you for the request!

This oneshot has a brief mention of blood, and also glass being removed from someone's arm, high tensions between Bad Batchers... and it has Tech generally being in a grumpy mood!

Also thank you all for 1.4k views!! I'm glad so many people are enjoying my writing... or at least love Tech as much as I do haha! Anyways, just wanted to mention that. Enjoy the oneshot!

~~~

He enjoyed- and even appreciated- the fact that he was such a needed member of the Bad Batch. It made him feel useful, and he liked putting his well acquired skillsets to good use. However, in moments like these, he started wondering if maybe he was a little too useful.

"Oww!" Wrecker yelped from in front of him, and Tech was startled to the present. He was currently in the process of tending to an injury his more muscular brother had recieved. On their latest mission, Wrecker had believed it to be a good idea to punch an opening through a window, and now he suffered the consequences. Now Tech was tasked to pick glass shards out of the big man's fist and fore arm.

"Sorry Wrecker," Tech apologized flatly, not having the energy to sound more sincere. 

He had already been flying the Marauder for a couple hours straight before the mission, allowing his brothers a chance to sleep while he instead stared numbly out into the empty void of space. Then, once they made it to their destination, there had been the mission. Tech had to fly the Marauder somewhere safe afterwards, followed by some manditory quick ship repairs, and now here he was being the squad's closest thing to a medic. Wrecker frowned at him, but Tech ignored it by dropping his eyes to the twezers in his dominant hand and the last glass piece drawing blood from Wrecker's arm. 

"Once I remove this last glass piece, make sure to clean the wounds well and bandage them," Tech explained in an idly clinical tone as he slowly pinched the final glass shard.

"Uh- Wh- Why can't you do it?" The question made Tech's eye involuntarily twitch, and he paused in what he was doing to make eye contact with Wrecker. 

"It is not difficult to do," Tech deadpanned. He turned to the medkit sitting open nearby, picking up a little bottle from it. He held it up for Wrecker to see, and the bigger man leaned slightly closer to look at it. "Place a few drops of this disinfectant on a cloth and apply it to the wounds. It will sting, but it is something that is straight-forward enough to do," he explained.

"Hey Tech," came a voice from the doorway, and Tech's eyes followed it to the source. Echo paused, taking in the scene before him. "How's your arm holding up there, Wrecker?"

Wrecker gave the half-robotic clone a grin. "Eh, it's fine! I'm sure it'll be ready for punching again in no time!"

"Preferrably not windows this time," Tech added snippily, and Echo gave him an amused look. Wrecker, however, looked offended.

"Hey!" he cried. "It was what got us all out, wasn't it?" Tech pursed his lips, unable to argue with that. After having been surrounded by opposing troopers, the window had been an easy way out, despite the impulsive recklessness of it.

Echo chuckled. "Yeah, that was some quick thinking." Then his eyes lingered on Tech, who met his eyes as he dreaded the thought of what might have brought Echo here. He didn't like how Echo was looking exepectantly at him. "The engine keeps stalling out. Do you think you could come take a look at it once you're done there, Tech?"

Tech fought against an internal force to ask why Echo couldn't deal with it himself, but he ultimately knew he was the best with electronics. Everyone in the Bad Batch knew that. He took the chance to pluck the last shard of glass from Wrecker's arm, then setting the piece into the pile with the others. Now with that out of the way, he rose into a stand.