Chapter 18

He skimmed his hand up my throat, cupping my chin and tilting my lips to meet his. His kiss was scorching, I could feel it all the way down to my toes. His tongue darting out to touch mine, tentatively at first before moving his hand to the back of my head to pull me into a deeper kiss. I wound my hands around his neck and pushed my fingers into his hair. A gasp escaping me as his other hand reached under my shirt to palm my breast. Sliding under my bra and lightly pinching my nipple. I groaned and shifted from my spot next to him, climbing over his lap to straddle him. Our bodies aligning in all the best places. He trailed his kisses down my neck, nipping gently as he went.
"Oh James," I groaned, my voice throaty and unrecognizable to my ears. I could feel him smile against my skin as he lowered his hand to grab my ass, pushing our bodies closer. I followed his lead, pressing my aching center against the bulge straining against his zipper.
I began to rock my center against his, my body seeking relief from the beautiful torture his kisses were causing. I felt, more than heard him groan into my mouth. His hands kneading my ass as they traced a path up and down the backs of my thighs. As our kisses grew more fevered and hungry I started lifting his shirt. Moving my hands over the hard ridges of his abdomen. James pulled his lips away from mine long enough to tell me to hold on and hten he was up, securing his hands under my knees and pulling me tight against him as he carried me. I could only assume to his bed.
Moments later, I felt him stop and slowly lower me until my back was resting on a soft surface. I frantically pulled at his shirt, throwing it with abandon as soon as it was free. His lips met mine again in a frenzy of passion. My teeth sinking into his bottom lip as his hands found the hem of my shirt and began pulling it up my torso. Only separating long enough to pull it over my head. James lowered his head to trace lazy kisses down my torso, pausing to tease me over my bra before removing it entirely. He traced his tongue around one nipple and then the other. Paying extra attention to any places that made me groan louder.
I felt his hands on my pants and lifted my hips to assist him in removing them and then I was laid bare before him. James moved back and inhaled deeply. His gaze roving over every inch of my body.
"You are so unbelievably gorgeous" he said. Running a hand slowly up my leg and over my hip. His eyes burning with fire and a softness I hadn't seen there before. He placed another scorching kiss on my lips before moving lower, and kissing me where I needed him most. And after, when were both spent, having connected in the most intimate way possible, we didn't speak. We lay there, wrapped naked in each others arms, smiling like fools and kissing lazily.

A few days later I began my training in earnest and between training and School James and I took advantage of any time we could find to spend together. Physically, we hadn't progressed past foreplay but with him everything felt more intimate and special than anything ever had before. It felt like we were both waiting to cross that final line. I think we both knew where this was heading and we were both approaching it with trepidation. We never really had to discuss being exclusive, I think we both instinctively knew there wasn't anyone else we wanted to be with.We had been seeing each other for about three weeks when Janine cornered me.
We were at practice waiting for our turn to run 3 on 2 drills when she ambushed me.
"So, Jocelyn," leaning against the glass she grinned at me behind her cage, "Tremblay says you've been spending a lot of time at his apartment. Anything you want to tell me?"
I felt like the worlds worst friend, normally I would have told Janine everything but I had been playing this one so close to my chest I don't think I had even told El much about what was going on with James and me. "Sorry Helly. It's still really new and I didn't even think to tell you about it," she snorted, distracting me from what I was saying.
"Oh please, El and Tremblay have been keeping me updated on that front. What I want to know is if you dusted off the cobwebs, if you know what I mean."
I shoved her playfully but she must have been expecting it as she used my momentum to pull me into a playful hold until our assistant coach yelled at us.
"Helwig! Foster! You're up! Let's go, I want to see perfection. Go, go, go!"After that we didn't have another opportunity to talk, instead we ran drill after drill until we were drenched in sweat and I could feel blisters forming on my feet from my new skates.In the locker room, I was tending to my blistered feet when a roll of stick tape hit me in the shoulder.
"Hey," Janine tipped her chin at me, "Bree told me to invite you to her house tonight. And before you say anything, yes we know there is a Frost game tonight and Bree will have it playing at her house."
She was begging me with her eyes, "Please Joss, your friends miss you. I've already told Tremblay they're invited whenever they get home."

"Fine, I'll come." I rolled my eyes making her laugh.