A Challenge, A Fight, A Plea, A Declaration

Chris goes home two days later, a dream on his mind of his girl telling him that everything will be ok

Chris goes home two days later, a dream on his mind of his girl telling him that everything will be ok. When he woke up in the hospital, he could almost smell her perfume. His heart ached for Becca. Anthony and Scarlet brought a sobbing Charlie to him once he's home and showered. It takes a good hour to comfort her, repeatedly telling her that he's fine and that everything will be ok. They went for ice cream as usual, but Charlie refused to let go of Chris's hand.

He's thankful that the Steelers are on a bye this week. Plenty of time to recover and pass the protocol. He's lounging on a Monday when he get a call from Lizzy. "Hey."

"Chris, did you know the hearing is today?"

He sits upright. "What?"

"She's going in alone. The rest of us are witnesses so we have to wait outside."

"Nobody told me. I'll be there soon."

"Do you think its wise?"

"She's my world. I don't care anymore."

At the courthouse, the two sides settle down as court is brought to order. Tom is taking the stand first. His lawyer is good, asking all the right questions to make Tom look like a spectacular father. There are no jabs at Becca during any of it. Robert knows this play and is determined to show the court how much Tom doesn't know about Charlie. When it's his turn, he stands and walks towards the witness stand.

"You're a pretty good football player right?"

Tom smirked. "I believe so."

"I mean you have to be to remember all the plays and calls right?"

"Yes."

"An entire playbook to reference that changes from year to year."

"Not every play changes but yes."

"So a good memory?"

"Objection. Relevance," his lawyer, Mr. Davis, complains.

"I'm just establishing that Mr. Brady has a good memory. The next question will come to play in that."

The judge looks at him, "I'll allow it. Overruled."

"Thank you. So, you have a good memory?"

"Yes."

Robert smiled at him big. "Great. What is Charlotte's middle name?"

Tom looked worried. "Excuse me?"

"What is Charlotte's middle name? It's a simple question."

"Its Jane," Tom replies confidently.

"Its actually Julia. Right on her birth certificate." Robert holds up a paper. "Alright slip of the mind, right? Happens to all parents. Ok, what is Charlotte's birthday?"