An Average Day

As the wind blew harder and harder, a shiver was felt traveling down her spine. Her arms shaking, yet still firmly holding onto her weapon, she gazed upwards.

There she saw a beast, with purple stripes running across its abnormally silky texture. That wasn't the most disturbing thing about it however, as it resembled nothing like any animal in this world. Its body proportions were impossibly large, with one of its feet big enough to stomp her. Its face seemingly melted into the rest of its head, leaving only large fangs hanging from its sides. It was unnatural, a being that by no means should be possible to exist, yet here it stands, breathing down on her, its goal clearer than ever. To destroy her.

Without another second of delay, it let out a piercing roar, rumbling the ground around it. And then, it promptly charged, heading straight towards her.

She flinched, caught off guard by such a sudden move. But just as quickly she began to move her legs, preparing to jump out of the way. But she underestimated her injuries, feeling the strength leaving her legs. She tried to conjure any semblance of strength to keep her going, even for just a little bit, but it was useless, she couldn't stand.

As the raging beast got closer to her with every moment, she felt time slowing to a crawl. This was it? Is this really where she would die? In the middle of a ruined battlefield, with no one to ever know she existed. Would this be where she would meet her end? These questions enveloped her mind as she watched the ever closer monster approaching.

But then, as if a miracle, a figure jumped into frame, barely standing out from the beast from above. With a simple motion, a bright orange light emits from the air in front of her, and with it something emerges from inside.

"Nekoooooooo-chan!"

Following those words, the air was immediately filled by a looming shadow, bigger than both her and the beast. Yet somehow, this did not bring her fear. Even as the potential threat of being killed by the beast or crushed by this thing, her heart was as calm and relaxed as ever. For she no longer felt afraid, for she had come to save her.

The large, almost mechanical looking limb fell down onto the beast, pounding it into the ground. The monster let out a pitiful scream, shocked by the sudden turn of event, yet unable to do anything about it. And with that, its body was completely crushed, leaving it as nothing but a stain on the ground.

Finishing the job, her savior firmly landed in front of her. The white figure promptly dusted themselves, their brilliance all the more radiant. Facing up, the savior then gives him a wide smile.

"Hehe, I came right on time now didn't I?"

It was the voice of a girl, a very young one at that. Her cheerful tone contrasted the ruined and destroyed wasteland, and yet she did not find it to be odd. Rather, relief was all she could muster, as she let out an exhausted sigh.

"Really, do you always have to make such an entrance?" She blurted, tiring in tone.

"In front of you, I have to really give it my all, Mei-senpai!"

"Hai hai, you always say that, Kiana-chan..."

With that short exchange, the two then shared a laugh with each other, completely different to how things were just a moment ago. Indeed, this savior wasn't just any old hero or the chosen one, it was simply Kiana, her friend. The most important person ever to her, and always will be.

Laying here, undisturbed by anything or anyone, simply gazing at the girl in front of her, she could only smile. This was all she could have hoped or wanted, to always be beside this girl forever. To be able to share their laughs together, their victories and defeats, their accomplishments and failures. So long as she was here, she felt nothing was truly so impossible to face. She believed it to be so.