Buried But Not Forgotten

"Here, it's still hot."

"Thank you."

Seele spoke, her voice soft and gentle. Holding the small cup to her mouth, she blew away the steam from the top, before taking a sip of the coffee.

Bronya sat opposite of her on the couch, her arms lightly folded together. As she waits for the girl to finish her drink, many questions flashed through her mind. Some more damning than others, but the most prevalent one on her mind was...

Why are you here?

Neither of them seemed willing to make the first move, as both were content to sit idly by, eyes never staring at one another. Utter silence began to envelop the two, as the air became almost denser to breathe in.

After drinking away half of her cup, Seele carefully placed the cup down onto the table in front. Her hands retreated onto her lap as she gazed down her feet. With a long inhale, she turned her eyes upwards as she opened her lips.

"I-I need your help." She said in the calmest voice she could muster, but it still came out somewhat shaky. Despite her courage, the tension in the air was still palpable to shake her nerves.

"Yeah, I already know that." Bronya responded in an almost distant tone. Still refusing to look at her, she remains in her stature, arms folded neatly in front.

"Right...sorry." Seelie muttered, tilting her head down slightly. Even so, a spark seemed to ignite inside of her eyes, as she regained her vigor to keep speaking.

"Something has been going on lately, but it isn't exactly related to me."

"What are you trying to say?"

"...Do you still remember the names, Liliya and Rozaliya?"

"Oh...the twins, right?"

They were around 12 when I left.

Distant memories surged back into Bronya's mind as she reminisced. The days where those twins would constantly get themselves into all sorts of trouble, as she was often the one having to discipline them. She remembered their cheeky and playful smiles whenever they pulled a prank on the other kids. A wave of nostalgia passed through her as she recalled these once thought to be long forgotten memories, her face softened slightly.

"This matter concerns them.." Seelie says, the edge of her lips jerked downwards into a frown. Her eyes expressed a deep sadness. "You might have heard it on the news. Something concerning a certain kidnapping."

"You mean that high school girl from St. Freya? Yeah, I have seen it, had quite the buzz around it because of the family the girl was associated with," Bronya muttered, leaning back onto the couch. "What about it?"

"That girl was Kiana Kaslana...she was Liliya and Rozaliliya's friend."

"Is that so?"

"Mmm...they believe it was their fault that she disappeared."

"Why?"

"I don't really know for sure, but I think it has to do with the last time they met." Seelie muttered, shifting her eyes to the coffee as she took another sip from it. Her lips thinned as she continued.

"Liliya often accompanied Kiana on their way home from school. They would walk all the way back to Kiana's home before separating, but on that day, Rozaliya had plans for her sister, so instead the two went their separate ways. Kiana disappeared after that, and I think the two had blamed themselves for this."

"I see..." Bronya nodded, staring down onto the glass table.

Poor girls...

She was very fond of the girls, for she saw them as her family after everything they went through. But even so, Bronya still made the decision to depart from their childhood home, leaving Seele to take care of them.