Reality

A dream. This was a dream.

At least, she was certain that it was.

Everything was blurry, like peering through obscure glass. She could perceive her surroundings, but was unable to discern them apart. Yet even so, an odd sense of familiarity flows through her as she stands motionless in place.

Her legs began to move, yet she did not order them to. Her limbs so utterly detached from her mind as if she was just a spectator in her own body. She could only watch on as she entered through a clear doorway.

The environment around her began to shrink as she passed through the door, clear walls constructed itself to each side, forcing her into a now small compact room. Ghostly white began to drip from the ceiling, painting the floors and walls in anemic wax.

Her head turns slightly to the side, a long counter erupting from the floor. Then smaller items began to pop up from its equally paled surface, scattering throughout the table.

She was so intrigued by what was happening that it took her a moment to realize someone was standing behind that very counter.

Her body seemed to hover towards them, eyes pinned onto the person. The closer she got, the more that figure began to morph and change, as different colors seeped into their bleached skin.

Finally, what erupted from it was a young girl, whose face was adorned with a wide smile that spread all the way to her eyes.

She could see her. Every crease of her skin. Every slight twitch of her movement. Every slight imperfection on her skin. They were all so clear to her eyes.

The girl's smile was wide, maybe too wide for a person to normally make, yet that did not bring discomfort to her. If anything, she was relaxed, comforted almost by their smile.

Then their lips move, seemingly to say something that her ears could not hear. It was only now did she realize that she could not hear anything, despite that however, she was certain that the girl was genuinely happy.

She was glad for that. She wanted to be able to smile like that. She wondered if she was smiling.

Her fingers lightly glazed her lips, her eyes widened in surprise of her movement. She could move by her own will now, turning her gaze down to those fingers.

All she could see was red, drenching from the tip of her fingers down to her arms.

Her mind froze, unable to properly register what she was seeing. That crimson color was everywhere, not just her hands. It plastered across the floor she stood on and the counter in front of her, an all too red color that bloodied all she could see.

Moving past the shock of the sight, her eyes haltingly turned back to the girl, yet she could not see them, their figure vanishing from thin air.

No, their body was still there.

Lying beneath her very feet, the girl's limbs limply sat beside her. Her clothes now stained with that same crimson, eyes staring directly at her.

"Why?"

She could hear those words travel out from her mouth, her body numb to its core. Perhaps that's why she only just realized that she was holding something in her hand, a black metalic shaped object, streaks of red staining its very tip.

"Why?"

She drops it, her hands trembling as she falls to her knees. The girl's eyes now became all that she could see as it peered into her very being.

She did this.

"Why?"

Her body screams.