Part 20

Chapter 20

Continued...

"...Peter, look at me," she cried, and when he didn't turn around and kept his gaze on the window, she ran and stood in front of him, forcing him to look at her. "Peter... I love you...I am in love with you!"

"You love me? Okay, and who the hell are you with Haden?"

"I don't love David, I haven't for years." She told him truthfully, turning away to wipe her tears. "It was just... When we broke up, there were so many unanswered questions that I never got to ask,"

"And you ask those questions with your lips?"

"...it was a mistake!"

"He kissed you!!" Peter yelled.

"I didn't ask for it,"

"And we both know that it never would've gotten that far if you'd just been honest about us!"

"I have apologized for that, but at this point I dont know what else I can say, and you know what? I can't talk to you when you're like this!"

"Like what?"

"Unreasonable!" She said as she started to leave the room but he angrily grabbed her by the upper arm.

"Don't walk away from me!"

She glared angrily at his hand on her arm, then quickly looked up to him. He looked enraged, but he took his hand from her arm immediately and collected himself. This isn't what he wanted, to bully her. And right now, that's exactly what he felt like. Realizing just what he'd done, he quickly began apologizing.

"I don't know what... I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

"Are you out of your mind?" She quickly remembered that she had to stay calm for this baby. But there were so many emotions running through her at that moment; most of all anger. She needed to get out of this house.

"Liv wait..." he ran to catch up to her, but she didn't want to hear it, still, he had to make her understand. "Olivia, I'm sorry..." he cried as she grabbed her purse. He reached for her hand and she snatched it away as she stopped and turned around, this time screaming at him.

"DO NOT!!" She screamed and left the apartment, leaving Peter standing in the entryway.

"Peter, you fucking idiot!" He said, angry with himself.

...

At the precinct, Olivia got off the elevator and made a bee line for her office. Of course, the 16th wouldn't be the 16th if she could get to her office without a million people asking how she was; she hated that she was so easy to read when she was mad.

"You okay?" Fin asked as she walked past him.

"I'm fine!" She said, harder than she meant to. She didn't stop walking as she said it and slammed her office door when she was inside.

"Should we-" Carisi started, but Fin cut him off with a simple...

"Nope."

...

Peter never went back to work that day and instead sent Lucy home when she entered the apartment with Noah. Now they went out having ice cream since the weather was warm.

He had sent Olivia another text before he sat the phone down, praying for an answer. "What's wrong, bud? I thought you loved peanut butter chip,"

"I do... Dad, can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can" Peter promised as he quickly set his spoon in his ice cream. "What's going on?" Noah was nervous and it showed in the way he fidgeted.