Part 25

Chapter 25

Three weeks later, April nineteenth...

Six-thirteen in the morning and Olivia woke up, tangled in her two body pillows and with an insane urge to pee.

Fuck! Was her first thought as she opened her eyes and got out of bed as fast as she could. Of course her husband was still sound asleep. It's not as if there were a whole person inside him, dancing on his bladder. No, you sleep comfortably while I'm suffering...

"Bastard..." she said under her breath, while looking back at him as she hurried to the bathroom.

This is bullshit! Why am I still pregnant? She wondered as she released a strong stream of urine that seemed to go on forever. Funny considering she was just up not two hours ago, for the same reason, or maybe it seemed like a lot because she was tired.

"Why won't you come out?!" She said to the baby as she got up and flushed, immediately washing her hands. She was in tears again and it wasn't because of the hormones. She was just so damned frustrated. She was in a tremendous amount of pain just carrying this child at this point. She was bruised on her stomach from the baby's monstrous kicks and she just wanted this over. As she turned on the water to the shower, deciding she might as well get up since she wasn't sleeping, she thought of how uncomfortable it was to walk, how uncomfortable is was to breathe as she removed her nightgown and stepped in the shower. She let the warmth of the water massage the kinks from her body and she leaned forward with her head down, her hands on the wall and letting the water have its way.

A few hours later...

"Liv, honey we should get going if we wanna get back before... baby?" He said when he noticed her leaning forward on the countertop. She was breathing heavily and had her head down as she rocked back and forth and he rushed to her. "Are you okay...what's wrong?"

What's wrong is your daughter is kicking my ribs. She wanted to tell him honestly, but to what end? Peter had been exceptional throughout this pregnancy but there was nothing he could do at this point. Taking a breath, she simply said,

"I'm 41 weeks pregnant with a large, stubborn child and I'm miserable. I am as okay as I'm gonna be at the moment." She felt his hands from behind her, caressing her giant belly, as he searched for the area of her current discomfort.

"Tell me where..." he said as his fingertips moved cautiously around the expanse of her belly. The last thing he wanted was to further her hurt by hitting one of the sore spots that their daughter had already caused from her kicks.

"Would I be a bad mom if I didn't feel like going to brunch today?" She said in tears as his hands worked to soothe her.

"Of course you wouldn't, babe it's okay to just not feel like it sometimes. We'll eat at home, the boys will understand."

"No, you guys go, I'm gonna try to get some sleep."

"You sure? I don't wanna leave you alone,"

"You'll be ten minutes away...Oh my god, right there!"

The guys had been gone a couple of hours, and at the house, Olivia actually managed to get some much needed sleep. She woke up when she had to pee, then made her way downstair for a mug of tea. She'd put the kettle on the stove to boil and stood looking out the huge picture window by the breakfast nook. Is it... It's snowing! It was coming down lightly, but snowing nonetheless.

"Oh wow!" She was pleasantly surprised. It was the middle of April, and while snow wasn't impossible in New York this time of year, it surely wasn't common...at least so close to the city it wasn't. Instantly she worried about her plants. She hoped that they wouldnt be affected by the sudden tempature drop. God, it sure was pretty though, even late in the year. "I wish you could see this," she said to the baby. "...but that would mean coming out and you're not ready to secede to that, are you?" She mused as she rubbed her belly, "You're big enough to survive on your own, you know," she said as the baby gave her several light kicks. "...and I promise, baby girl, Mommy will be right here for you every step of the way, but first, you gotta get out."