Part 8

Chapter 8

.

"...nine thirty," Olivia said to Noah as he stood in the doorway to her bedroom. She sat at her vanity fixing her hair and makeup.

"But it's friday..." Noah whined.

"...and you're seven," she grinned. "you can't stay up all night. Nine thirty." Noah stood, pouting for a moment, folding his arms over his chest and simultaneously thinking of how he could get her to ease up a little on his bedtime. "Noah..."

He knew then from her tone that she wouldn't budge and said the thing that had been sitting on his mind all day.

"Why can't I go with you and Peter?"

"Honey, it's not that kind of gathering." She said, then put perfume on her wrist and below her ears. She was about to add some to her decolletage when Noah spoke up.

"Do you love him yet?" She stopped and grinned.

"Baby, love doesn't work like that." She said, although she was just lying to herself.

Noah made a whimpering sound before she reached towards him and mussed his hair. What would it take? He wondered, just as he heard the apartment door slam.

"Anybody home?" They both heard Peter call. That perked Noah right up and he broke a smile suddenly forgetting his problems as he ran to greet him.

"Peter!" Noah cried as he hopped excitedly up and down.

"Hey bud," Peter lifted and kissed him, then put him back down. "Where's mom?" He asked as he took off his coat and hung it on the rack by the door.

"In her room getting ready. What's that in your hand?"

Peter looked at his left hand, feigning surprise at the small bag it was holding. "That's odd, where'd this come from?"

"Is it for me?" Noah asked, his hands folded in supplication and a huge grin on his face.

...

Twenty minutes later, Lucy had gotten there and was in the kitchen preparing a salad while Peter and Noah were on the floor in front of the tv playing the video game that Peter bought Noah, and from the looks of it, Peter's team was winning. That is until Olivia entered the room. She looked gorgeous in the fuschia jacket-dress she was wearing. Short, double breasted, form fitting, and sexy!

"Sorry about the wait, but I am ready and on time I might add." Damn! How was it that simply being near this man, made her feel so giddy? Especially when she looked at him looking ridiculously handsome in this hand tailored suit that he wore with no tie. She could practically see those muscles beneath his clothes... "you look incredible, by the way."

"Thanks..." He said, staring unusually hard but he was absolutely speechless! She looked beautiful with her hair down in curls, and her dress showed off her incredible figure and was just low-cut enough to show off her cleavage. But the thing that had him at a loss for words were the black, over-the-thigh, stiletto boots she was wearing. While Lucy complimented her and Noah was busy using Peter's distracted state to his advantage, Peter slowly looked Olivia over from head to toe, then from toe to mid thigh, over and over.

"I...WOW!" Peter declared, standing up and approaching her. He tried to control his libido as he swallowed hard and she smiled. Was she trying to make him explode? Trying to kill him...right here? He thought as he kept staring at her in those damn boots. Those damn sexy, fits-like-a-second-skin, 'fuck me' boots! They must have been at least 5 inches and they went up her long, gorgeous legs, just dipping under the hem of her dress... "JESUS CHRIST! You look amazing!"