Part 22

Chapter 22, continued...

Donna and Det. Short had come to their door, telling them a story that they still can't get over; especially Peter. He'd had a little boy, a beautiful little boy who'd spent his whole life not knowing that there was a father who would've loved him more than anything, but he'd never been given the chance to by the boy's mother. He's tried to wrap his head around it, but he still can't fathom why Jana would have kept something so life changing, and so important from him; this was his son!

He didn't know Jana well. The two months that they were involved were nothing more than sex.

Six years ago, he was ready to marry the woman he thought he'd spend his life with, then out of nowhere, she dumped him. Needless to say, it hit him hard and a year later, he was still in a bad place emotionally. Maybe it was stupid of him to hold onto her memory as if she were some saint, when in fact, she broke his heart. But, because he loved her, getting over what he thought they had was harder than hed thought it could be.

A year after that, he met Jana during this period if his life. It wasn't a relationship by any means; at least not in his eyes. He had sworn to never get involved that way with another woman, he'd been hurt too bad by Caroline, and Jana, like the many other women he'd drowned himself in was just something to pass the time. He'd go to her place, or she'd come to his, they'd have sex but never went out on dates or anything formal like that. He ended it when he found out that she had a substance abuse problem. He wouldn't put himself in the presence of anything stronger than Marijuana, hell, he smoked it occasionally to unwind, but what he found out she was into, it was definitely stronger than weed.

She had come over late one night for a booty call and they were in bed. He lifted her foot to kiss it and there they were, in between her toes, track marks. He immediately stopped, having lost his libido.

"What the fuck is this?" He asked, holding her foot up.

"What...?" She asked, defensively. She didn't see the reason why he had such an issue, and it had suddenly hit him to check the other foot. He braced it, spreading her toes and for sure, there it was. He'd been sleeping with a junkie?! Sometimes unprotected, like tonight? He practically flew, he jumped back and out of bed so fast, his limp dick swinging. "Are you kidding me, Peter?" she was actually laughing. "Dude, it's not a big deal."

He'd never seen her again after that night. He'd heard that she'd moved away from Chicago, but he was just glad that he got her out of his life with no repercussions as far as STDs, and he moved onward with his life. He continued to do exceptionally well at the Cook County's State's Attorney's office until he got word that his father had died. He went home for Ben's funeral and suddenly he was moving there, back to New York City.

Who knew that that one decision would bring him the peace he had been searching for? The moment he met Olivia Benson, something in his soul told him that she was the one, although the circumstances under which they met were less than optimal. Slowly, the more they worked together, he saw that that feeling he'd gotten upon first meeting her was right; this move brought him his smart, beautiful, loving wife and his son who he adored and now a baby that he'd soon meet in a few short months. He never thought about anything from his past, certainly not the women he spent time with, and definitely not what may have resulted from those hookups.

When the NYPD found Jana unresponsive in her crashed car that night, her son was with her, in the back seat, but thankfully he was strapped into a car seat. When they'd accessed her medical records and saw that she had Peter Stone listed as her emergency contact, they went from there. Unfortunately, she died from her injuries. She had been high when she sped through a red light and was plowed by a garbage truck.