Part 2

Olivia.

She agreed to escort Peter to a fancy fundraising party that the mayor was hosting at Cipriani's. It made sense being that they were both going to be there anyway, so why not go together, just as colleagues with no strings attached.

Yeah.

When he picked her up at her place he wasn't at all prepared for how incredible she'd look and when she opened the door. Putting her earring in her ear, he was speechless and she only had her hair and makeup done! Holy shit! He said in his mind before he could articulate words.

"You...wow! You look amazing!"

"Peter...work rules" she reminded him with her head cocked to one side as she secured the diamond teardrop before letting it go while the romantic smile disappeared from his face and was replaced by a more serious look.

"Right. It's just hard when..." he started say, trying to gesture towards it with his hands but deciding to give up. They had been trying unsuccessfully to put some order on this thing between them and so far...

"Come on in, I'll just be a minute." She said, still in her robe as he followed her inside and she went to the back of the apartment. "...help yourself to whatever you want" she yelled from her bedroom.

"Does that include you?" He mumbled and nearly died when she called to him from the bedroom as he stopped to take off his overcoat.

"Did you say something?"

"I said thank you," his hand on his chest, feeling his heart racing. He threw his coat over the back of the armchair while making a mental note that Olivia hears like a bat before he walked to the kitchen and looked around the apartment. He loved her place. It was cozy and so very Olivia. Unlike his place, he'd been in New York for over a year and still hadn't managed to add much character to it...or much furniture.

"...it's quiet..." he rose his voice this time so she'd heard him on purpose. "where's the little guy?" He asked as he poured himself a glass of water and began drinking.

"He's at a sleepover if you can believe it"

"Wow, that's a big step...for you"

"Tell me about it. I tried unsuccessfully to convince him that he'd be better off at home, but he wouldn't buy it" There was a brief silence before she came out of the bedroom looking like an absolute vision in a very fitted, belted, white gown that played beautifully against her skin. Peter was truly at a loss for words, nearly dropping his glass the second he saw her.

She looked ethereal! The one shouldered, long sleeved dress clung to her in all the right places while its length swept the floor; he seriously needed air right now!

She stood there in the brand new gown that she'd bought and had tailored to be sure that it hugged her body just right. After all, just because they weren't sleeping together didn't mean that she didn't want him to notice her when she put in the effort, and boy did he notice, doing a double take when he saw her..

"I know you said work rules, but I would be remiss if I didn't tell you how absolutely beautiful you are. You look incredible, Liv!"

With her eyes down and blushing. "Thank you...anyway, we'd better get going."

"Allow me" he said, picking up her wrap from the arm of the couch and with her back to him, gently placing it on her shoulders. God she smells like heaven! He thought, leaning in to get another whiff. Her scent was different tonight. It was...the scent she'd worn the last time they'd..."

"Done?" She asked him, noticing him lingering and trying not to laugh.

"Yeah...sorry...I was just- Hey, what's the perfume you're wearing? You've worn it once before but..."