Author's Note

First of all, I would like to say THANK YOU to all my readers, no matter the small number people who have decided to keep reading my story to the final end.

Secondly, I'm sorry, if I didn't give an ending that pleased you. For a long time, I didn't know how to end it. I love writing Luna and Bee, I never wanted to let them go, but all good things come to an end... After many self debates and conversations with my sisters, I came to this conclusion. I won't be changing it.

Thirdly, I want to discuss how this story came about and why.

In our Hmong circle of Arts, we get books about our struggles with transitioning over from Laos/Thailand. Never do we read about what we go through when we are already here. I want a story for us Hmong teens/young adults. For those who love being Hmong but have to deal with reading about a character we connect with but really don't. We are never the lead, and for once, I think we deserve to be the lead of a story.

I know this topic of forced/arranged marriage is a sensitive subject to talk about. Especially when it is still happening to many of our Hmong women and men today, and when Hmong women and men are still affected with the fact that they married due to force marriages. Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine writing this story, while bigger news of tragedy hit our Hmong community in California about the same topic.

With dreams about my own figurative forced marriage, I decided to write about it. And this story has become so much more to me as I went on with every chapter. I've learnt so much about myself while planning and researching. It's been a journey to get to this last chapter. Oh, the tears I cried at that last chapter.. (I kind of hate myself.)

I do not mean to romanticize forced/arranged marriage. Those types of situation can harm people, leaving many scars that is carried on for a life time. Just like Luna and Bee though, when something comes up in life, whether you like it or not, whether the situation is bad or good, I hope you will be able to make the right choices and deal with whatever is thrown your way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know there is a lot of grammar mistakes, plot holes, and continuation problems. But I am going to take a break, work on my other stories, then come back and reread The Unwanted Promise. While I reread it, I'll be planning on changes and how to rework it. (First drafts are always crappy...)

Thank you again!