The Alchemist Returns

I twined my fingers in Varian's. "What are you going to do?" I asked. He blushed but squeezed my hand. "I'm going to convince Rapunzel to help me get the Sundrop flower" He smirked. "And now, since she knows what happened, I hope I'll have a good chance to convince her," he said.

Varian and I hid inside a bush. Varian had a tray of pink cookies in his hand. Everytime someone walked by, he gave them a cookie and asked where the Sundrop flower was. I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder. "How are you so smart?" I asked him. He blushed and rubbed the back of his head. "I don't know," he said. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

Varian and I held each other's hand as we hid behind some boxes. Rapunzel and Pascal were waiting on a boat on the dock. Ruddiger chittered and ran out from the boxes. Rapunzel gasped and Varian ran out, jumped into the boat, and grabbed Rapunzel's mouth before she could yell. "Shhh" he told her. I followed slowly behind him and sat down in the boat. "Oh, Varian! Azalea! Where have you been?" Rapunzel gasped and hugged Varian. I clenched my jaw. I rolled my eyes. "I-I've been so worried about you two!" she said. "Yeah, uh, we've had to lie low" Varian sighed. I crossed over to him and sat next to him. "A-A funny thing, the people of Corona aren't, uh, too keen on people who attack their princess" Varian continued. "Attack me? You, you mean during the storm? You came for help." Rapunzel said. "And you got to see why I needed your help!" Varian said. I grabbed his hand, but hid it so Rapunzel couldn't see. Rapunzel gasped. "Varian, I am so sorry I had no id-" Varian silenced her. He squeezed my hand and jerked it as I clenched my jaw. "You had to save the kingdom, you did what you had to,but you can help me now, Rapunzel," he told her. "Do you have the scroll?" he asked. "The scroll! I-I got it, like you asked I have no idea what it is but my dad was desperate to keep it from me" Rapunzel said, handing us the scroll. Varian sighed and unraveled the torn piece of the scroll. "Now it took me a while to translate this old language, but from what I can tell, those black rocks are actually some kind of–of ancient darkness. Its destructive power can only be stopped by its counterpart, the Sundrop, Rapunzel! The- The flower!" He said. "You mean the flower?" Rapunzel asked. "The one that healed my mom and gave me my hair? But...my dad said it was long gone!" she said. Varian and I looked at each other. Knowing very well the king has been lying to Rapunzel. "Hmm, would you say your dad has been a really reliable source of information?" I asked. I smirked. "Well,um.." Rapunzel sighed. "No, Rapunzel! No, it's still here, I'm sure of it.your dad wouldn't just throw away something that can wield that kind of power. A single petal of that flower would solve all our problems! That's all we need!" Varian said, smiling. I chuckled softly and leaned into him a bit. "Yeah, but even if the flower is here, I don't think we can just ask my dad to hand it over." Rapunzel said. "Oh, I know we can't, which is why we have to steal it," Varian smiled.

We snuck into the castle and we peeked around the corner. Rapunzel came out and dragged Varian behind her. I sighed and followed them. We hid at a door. "Princess, what are we doing here? The flower would most likely be in the royal vault and that is on the other side-" Varian started but Rapunzel cut him off. "Other side of the castle, I know. But if we want to get past the vault security, our best bet is to use the underground tunnels, and Herz de Sonne's journal has a complete map of them" Rapunzel said. We walk into the room and his journal is on a pedestal in the middle of the room. Varian and I glanced at each other. Varian kept flinching towards me, but I just shrugged it off. Rapunzel sighs as she grabs the journal. She stops and looks at a painting of her dad and sighed. "Rapunzel, you got what we came for. Come on, let's go!" Varian says to her. "Taking the journal, stealing the flower, Varian, these are all acts of treason!" Rapunzel told him. "This may be my dad's only hope, this.....may be Corona's only hope! Rapunzel Corona needs our help," Varian told her. I walked up to him and reached to grab his hand but quickly pulled away as Rapunzel glanced at us. "For Corona..." Rapunzel sighed. "Come on," Rapunzel said. I grabbed Varian's hand as we ran out. We nearly got caught by Eugene. We bumped into Rapunzel and she gave us the book. I grabbed it and sighed softly and squeezed Varian's hand. Rapunzel and Eugene talked for a bit before he walked away and we all sighed. She grabbed my hand and dragged us away.