Cassandra's Revenge

I helped Ruddiger prepare the hot chocolate. "The results are in. Who will win first prize for best metal? Will it be steel for its durability and thermal conductivity or iron for its lustrous shine in high melting point?" Varian said, comparing the two metals. 

I smiled at him.

 He drummed his hands on the table, mimicking a drumroll. I gave the hot chocolate to Ruddiger and he brought it to Varian. "Ah yes! Thanks Ruddiger, this is perfect!" Varian said. 

He laughed menacingly. 

"Warm coco will really hit the stop, thanks bud!" He said.

 He takes a sip but as Rapunzel enters the room, he spits it out on Ruddiger. Ruddiger wipes it off, and glares at him. "Whoa! Hi! Hi. I, uh, wasn't, uh, expecting you so soon. I mean, we did agree that I'd need at least five weeks of solitude to decipher this thing so I thought I had some privacy." Varian chuckled nervously, glancing at me. I smiled at him. "Varian, don't be embarrassed." Rapunzel said. Eugene ran up to one of Varian's tables. "Hey, Goggles, real quick. Do you have any anti-aging alchemies, maybe some skin-tightening serum?" He picked up a vial and it exploded in his face, making him older "I'm getting older by the second!" Eugene yelped. 

"Hey! Gah! Ah! Please be careful, that stuff is very delicate." Varian warned him. 

" Oh, thank goodness. You have the Scroll." Rapunzel said. " I do. Oh, I do and it took awhile, but I was able to use this key to translate the text in its entirety." Varian said. 

"Varian! You're a genius! What's it say?" Rapunzel asked. "This is the healing incantation, this is the decay incantation, and this is a third incantation! It will allow whoever possesses the Moonstone to wield complete control over the black rocks." Varian said, tapping the scroll. "That's why Cassandra want's the Scroll...." Rapunzel said. 

"Yes, yes, but there's more! I found there are four incantations, not three! But I can't seem to find it anywhere on the Scroll." Varian said, pulled the scroll off the wall. 

"Uh, guys, you might wanna stop talking about... the secrets of the Scroll." Lance coughed. "Don't stop on my account," Cassandra said. Varian took a step towards Cassandra. " Varian, don't get any closer. Hide the scroll! We can't let her get her hands on that incantation!" Rapunzel told him. 

"The-the scroll is worthless without the translation key." Varian said. "Well, it sounds like I need two things." Cassandra said. Everyone started fighting her. I grabbed Varian's arm and dragged him away. "Varian, please be careful," I said. 

He nodded and started mixing ingredients together behind a flipped over table. As he finished Cassandra said, "Hey Varian?" She whistled. Varian backed away "If you wanna read that scroll, you are gonna need my translation key." He said then splashed the mix on the key. "And now that I've destroyed it, you'll never know what the scroll says because the only translation in earthly existence is locked safely away up here. Boom!" Varian said. 

I sighed and stood next to him. "Is that a fact?" Cassandra asked. "Oh yeah- oh I probably shouldn't have said that outloud." Varian said nervously. "Then I guess you're coming with me,'' Cassandra said. I stood in front of Varian. "You're going to have to get through me first," I said. Cassandra scoffed and cut my arm. I screamed and glared at her. She pushed me down and knocked both me and Varian out.

"Ugh." Varian groaned "Hey, where are we?" I asked. "I need that third incantation, Varian." Cassandra growled. "Never!" Varian said. "I knew you'd say that. That's why I went through your little bag of tricks. I found something here that might change your mind. Recognize this?" Cassandra asked him. "Ha! No. Ugh, yes, it's a truth serum of my own design and it compels the drinker to tell the truth and answer any question asked. Wait, but I never drank that." Varian said, confused. "Lucky for me, you sleep with your mouth open, Now let me ask again. What is the third incantation?" Cassandra growled.