First Day of the Job

First Person
Ever since I was young I wanted my first job to be working at at haunted house. Luckily, my Uncle's had a job opening. He said that since I was younger, I would be able to help him out with a new part of the attraction playing a deranged child. I was so excited to start that I could barely sleep the night before.

The Next Day
After school, my dad dropped me off at the haunted house. It was called Fright or Flight. As soon as I got out of the car, a lady dressed as the usual vampire escorted me to the makeup tent. My Uncle told the makeup artists his exact vision for what he wanted me to look like. I sat in the chair for about an hour while latex scars and scabs were being applied to my face. They also had a hairdresser there that teased my hair and spray painted it until it looked like I had just came out of the woods after living there for a year. After all the hair and makeup was done, I got into my ripped, dirty clothes and found my Uncle.

"The house will open in 20 minutes. Go into the playroom and wait for the loud siren to go off. That will notify you when someone has entered the house," he said.

I nodded.

"Oh and by the way when you walk into the house at first, you may feel light headed and a little different. I wouldn't worry about it it is normal for all the actors," he explained.

I thought that that was a little odd, but I continued to walk up to the house.

There was a line of people waiting for the Fright or Flight to open, but they were too busy with the actors running around in the line to notice me. I walked through the doorway into the house, and I almost collapsed.

"What is happening?" I whispered to myself.

I felt weird. It seemed like all of my senses were enhanced. I could see through the house even though it was pitch black, and I could even smell the gum that somebody had in their pocket outside. I didn't feel like myself, but I tried not to worry about what had happened and walked to my area. Along the way, there was one of those funky mirrors that distorted your figure. I looked at it for a second while waiting for the siren to go off. As I studied myself I touched the makeup on my face. It felt so realistic. I touched on of the fake scabs, but it actually hurt like it was real. What is going on?