The Find

Noah woke up a few hours later. We didn't say anything or move. We just sat there listening. About every half hour, you could hear screams which came from a wide variety of places in the house. Some were even right outside of the door.

"Noah, I think I know who is doing this to us," I said.

"Who?" He asked with pain in his voice from the previous fight.

"My Uncle," I explained. I then recalled my dream. Throughout the whole thing, he just sat there, stared into my eyes, and listened. He didn't act like I was completely crazy which I knew I was since I entered this house. It was nice to pretend though.

Once I finished, he sat up next to me and I placed my head on his shoulders. He asked, "Do you know why he would do this?"

I nodded my head no because my Uncle was one of the nicest people in the world. I have no clue why he would use such a successful business for evil and hurt his family and friends.

"How long have we been sitting here?" He asked.

"For about 6 hours I would say."

"We need to get out of this room. We need to escape. I don't know how much longer I can last like this," he explained and I agreed with him.

He was still in pain, but it wasn't as bad as before. I helped him up and partially used my telepathy to keep him up. We moved the boxes from in front of the door. We didn't see anybody outside, so we made a run for it.

As we sprinted away from the room, I was looking around. All of a sudden, I found an intercom sitting on a table in the middle of what looked like a rotunda.

"Look," I whispered and pointed to Noah.

"Wow," he replied.

I pressed a button on the device, and a sharp pinging sound rang throughout the entire room.

"We now have more of an advantage thanks to you," Noah said and he kissed the top on my head.

He took the intercom, and spoke into it.