The Pitt

A/N: I know it's been a while since I've updated. I've had writers block, but now I have a concept that I've been working on. Sorry if it is a little confusing, but it will clear up in the next chapter.

We waited there for about ten minutes and Uncle Jack finally said, "Okay. I'll help you get out of here. You ruined most of my fun anyways. Just go through that door and you will find the exit."

He pointed to a door that was across from us. It was solid metal and was rusted on the edges.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Noah?" I asked.

"It's the only option," he replied.

I walked over to the door. Uncle Jack was in the way, so I purposely stepped on his ankle with all my strength, breaking it. He shouted in pain, but I just laughed. Noah followed me and did the same thing. He was the one who opened the door. I didn't know what to expect, but what happens next would have never crossed my mind.

Noah, holding my hand, took a step forward into what looked like a pitch black room. As soon as he did that, we tripped off the edge of the door frame. We were falling. It seemed like we were in the air for about fifteen minutes when it was really about fifteen seconds. When we reached the bottom, I was certain we were dead. Never going to come back, but I realized that I felt more alive than ever. I was sitting at the bottom of the pit wrapped up in Noah's arms staring at our dead bodies. How is this possible? Why can't we just leave this place?