Foreword

Dear readers,

Welcome to the final chapter of Jake Wolff and Nick Zaminski's life. It sure has been a heck of a ride. Jake and Nick have experienced and learned many things together. Such as:

Friendship will always be stronger than you know.

You cannot, cannot, let one person ruin everything you have worked for and built. Especially when you have more than one person cheering you on.

Tell your friends everything. There is always gonna be one thing they can do.

And many more that you may call to mind now. I started writing this series in June of 2020, not even a month after I met the people this story is based on. Well, I should say "spin-off" because many things are different and some are the same.

Nevertheless, I have been beyond blessed to tell you this story that I was inspired to write. And I'm more than a little sad that this is the last chapter of the story but the friendship of Jake and Nick will live forever and be tied to me.

This series has shown me love that I never could have imagined in a million years. Thinking of a song I love... This book has made me feel like... "I've Never Been In Love" before. I have never... felt stronger emotions for a piece of my work than this series. There's just something about it. The third and last installment you are about to read is... shocking. Emotional. Funny. And I smile every time I read what I've written.

There is one new main character that you will soon get to know and hopefully... You hate him because he is just an awful person in what he says, does, and thinks. But through all that... I hope you see the value in being content with what you have and stop searching for something more. What you have right now, in this exact moment, is what's most important.

Welcome to Rival Night, everyone. Enjoy... and learn.

Sincerely,

G.E. Mansfield

Author of the Brennan Baseball Series