13. besitos

5:00 PM, Pasadena, CA.

Since Luke left his stuff at my house, I've been smoking by myself lately, just to exhale these feelings for Luke out of my system. I smoke to forget him but now that I'm high, he's the only thing i can think of. How did it come to this? I can't possibly like him, he's everything I hate: egotistic, idiotic, disrespectful, shallow and annoying. But he can be sweet and funny and chill... and fun to be around with. Plus, he's insanely attractive with that lip ring of his and his broad shoulders and pale, soft skin... his pink, kissable lips... he's gorgeous.

Oh no.

I take another hit, hoping the smoke would make these feelings disappear. I'm way out of my mind, feeling like I'm floating. I start blasting some Deftones in my room since Donna's at school. I can do what I want and be as loud as I want. I start craving large amounts of food so I make my way to the kitchen when I suddenly hear very loud knocks on the door. I hurry over there expecting my neighbor to complain, but Luke's tall figure appears.

"Oh, hey!" I scream over the music, which I lower down after inviting him in.

"Party of one?" He looks around.

"Yeah," I laugh more than I should.

"Are you okay?" He laughs.

"Totally, man," I smile as I sit down on my black couch. "What's up?"

"You're high, aren't you?" He takes a seat next to me and studies my face, especially my eyes. His icy blue eyes lock with mine making my stomach drop. He is so cute.

"Am I?" I furrow my eyebrows,

"Your eyes are so fucking red, dollface."

My stomach flutters at the sound of his voice calling me 'dollface.' What once annoyed the shit out of me, now makes me swoon.

"I love it when you call me dollface," I blurt out before instantly covering my mouth with my hands.

He breathes out a laugh as he takes the packed bowl from the coffee table and takes a big hit. He blows the smoke right in my face, but it doesn't bother me rather it turns me on. He takes another drag before telling me to come closer to him. He places his large hands on both sides of my face, pulling me close to his mouth. I feel my face grow hot and before I can do anything he inches close to my lips to blow the smoke in my open mouth. I blow out the smoke after a while, "what was that?"

He shrugs, "I've seen it in movies and wanted to try it."

"Oh. I'm glad I was your first," I laugh as he takes another hit, finishing the bowl already.

"Who's this?" He points to the stereo in front of us, asking about the band.

"You don't know who this is?" I ask in shock. "This is Deftones, you uncultured shit."

"Never heard of them until now."

"Wow. Have you heard of Adema?"

He shakes his head.

"Seether?"

"Nope."

"Sworn In? Kittie? Otep? Oh my god, please tell me you've listened to Korn." I turn my body around to face him.

"Wait, Korn, yes I have."

"Thank jesus. I was about to have a bitch fit."

"You know, you're the first girl I've come across with that listens to bands I don't."

"Is that a good thing?"

"Definitely."

-

Luke's POV
6:03 PM

After taking many more hits, I feel the munchies coming in and so does Kara. I suggest ordering pizza but she insists on cooking something. I didn't even know she cooked. I'm just glad she didn't ask why I came over. It saves me from making up some lame excuse to stay.

"Okay, I have chicken, tortillas, beans, peppers, onion... Oh! I can make chicken fajitas!" She says excitedly, looking back at me from the fridge.

"I don't know what that is but go for it, dollface." I'm glad she likes it when I call her that, so now I won't feel as weird.

"You'll love it," she says as she clumsily pulls out the ingredients and puts them on the counter. She looks so adorable.

"Need help?"

"I'm good, thanks. You can fix us some drinks, though," she smiles.

I nod in response before heading towards the fridge. I don't know what it is about being alone with her that puts me in a good mood.

"You know, I love hanging out with you, especially when we're high. You're fun to be with." Kara says before turning back to cooking the chicken on the pan.

"I'm glad," I shoot her a smile as I pour some peach vodka in two glass cups with ice. I open the fridge to look for some fruity juice. I fill the rest of the cups with tropical punch, hoping it'll taste good.

"Here, taste it," I hand her the drink.

"This is delicious, holy shit," she takes more than one sip.

"Good cause I just mixed random drinks," I laugh nervously.

"So how's your song going?" She asks as she prepares the "fajitas" which I still don't know what it is. Looks like a soft taco with chicken and peppers.

"Oh, uh, okay, I guess," I stammer. I still don't know why I suggested writing songs for each other. I swear I'm such an idiot sometimes. I just wanted to know what she'd write for me. Music speaks louder than words.

"Better be about how cute I am," she smiles, "just kidding. No rush, take your time."

I smile as I take a seat at the dining table, next to the kitchen.

What ever happened to being an asshole, Luke? Control yourself!

I can't control myself around her. I simply lose my mind near her. She makes me insane. She's all I think about late at night. How is that possible? How did I let this happen? Does she even like me?

Who cares, mate!

"Bon appétit!" Kara's cheery voice breaks my thoughts as she places a plate of food in front of me. I can feel the heat of the food caress my face as the fresh smell of bell peppers and grilled chicken makes way through my nostrils. My mouth begins to water.

"Wow, dollface."

She hands me guacamole and sour cream. "Add a bit of this and that for an explosion of flavors."

"You're so cheesy, stop it," I say as I do what she said.

"You'll thank me later," she winks.. for the first time.

"So, do you speak Spanish?" I randomly remember her mentioning she's Mexican or something.

"Yeah," she says before taking a bite of her food.

"Say something," I smile, hoping she obliges.

"Like what?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"I don't know say something hot."

"Algo caliente," she smirks.

(something hot.)

"That's hot."

"No sabes cuanto te quiero besar ahorita," she says slowly.

(you don't know how much I wanna kiss you right now.)

I have no clue what she's saying but it's really turning me on. I swear, if only she knew much I wanna kiss her right now.

-