2. dollface

11:21 PM, Hollywood, CA.

Michael and I arrive at the hotel we're staying at for a couple of days or weeks. The driver was kind enough to make a quick detour to my house for some new clothes and stuff before going to the hotel.

It's such a struggle walking to the entrance with the damn paparazzi flashing their lights right in my eyes. These guys must be pretty fucking famous to have this many paps for just one of the band members.

"I hope you don't mind sharing a room with four guys," Michael says nervously as he opens the door.

"It's fine." I smile.

I'm used to sharing rooms with guys and sharing beds and even clothes, that is, if I'm close friends with the guy. It's all fun and games until I fall for them or they fall for me which is not too often, but it has happened once or twice when I let guard down.

I'm not much for relationships.

I step inside the dim hotel room waiting for some welcoming prank or something since most bands do that. But, nothing happens.

"Where's the rest of the band?" I ask out loud as I make my way to one of the three beds in front of a giant flat screen TV.

"They probably went out to get some food or something." Michael trails off as he makes himself comfortable on the bed closest to the patio door.

"I hope you don't mind if I take a nap. I didn't have a chance to rest since I got home." I turn to my right to meet his gaze.

"Not at all," he smiles lightly. "Oh, and I'm sorry you didn't have enough time with your family. I know it sucks, but you'll eventually visit them again."

"I know," I sigh. "Well, wake me up when the rest come so we can talk business and stuff." I slip off my vans and skinny jeans so I can nap comfortably in my black leggings that I have underneath my jeans.

He nods and turns on the Playstation 4 as I put on my earphones and press shuffle. The Weeknd comes on and I instantly doze off into a deep sleep.

-

Michael's POV

Kara Brink. I let out a soft chuckle as I look at her in her sleeping state. She told me she just turned 21 in December but she can pass as a sixteen year old with that baby face of hers. Her giant dark brown- almost black- eyes and chubby rosy cheeks almost make her look like a doll. She is a doll.

Dammit, Michael. Why do you always have to fall for every girl that talks to you?

She's probably into those heavy metal type guys like Oli Sykes seeing as she has toured mostly with heavy bands and such. I have no chance. Plus, she's my damn band manager now and there's no way I will be the one to screw this one up just like how Luke did with our last manager.

"We brought food!" A wild Luke bursts inside with pizzas and a pack of beer.

I shoot up and frantically attempt to quiet him down and the other guys as they are coming in with chips and candy and other kinds of junk food.

"Shut the fuck up! She's trying to rest, you idiot!" I look over at Kara and see her soundly asleep. She must be a heavy sleeper or she's just super tired.

"Dude, groupies can't fucking sleep here. Kick her out!" He sets the food on the bed closest to the door.

"She's not a groupie, you fucktard! She's our new band manager!" I angrily say as he was about to disturb her.

"Seriously? She looks fucking 12!" He scoffs as he studies her face.

"Okay, obviously everyone needs to calm down and let the girl rest, damn!" Ashton says exasperated as he plops down on my seat taking over my game of Call of Duty.

"She told me to wake her up when you guys came to talk business, but she hasn't been able to rest since she landed many hours ago. So, it's best if we let her sleep. Okay?" I gaze at Luke on purpose.

"Why are you looking at me for?" He frowns.

"Cause you tend to fuck things up, idiot," Calum says as he takes a bite of his pizza.

"Okay, okay." Luke joins Calum on the bed next to Kara's eating pizza.

"Well, I'm gonna go shower, guys." I grab fresh pajamas and a towel.

"Leave her alone." I eye Luke.

"No promises," he mumbles.

-

Kara's POV
1:49 AM

I startle awake to the sound of a heavy rock song booming from my earphones.

"What the fuck?!" I scream out.
I look around trying to find the person who pulled this shit on me but I notice I'm all alone. I look down at my phone and realize I'm receiving a call from Michael.

Kara, you fucking idiot. It's just your Bring Me The Horizon ringtone.

"Hello?" I let out a yawn.

"Sorry, did I wake you?"

"Kinda, yeah, but it's cool. What's up?" I laugh at my crazy literal wake up call.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm with the guys right now at the pool if you wanted to do business right now." I can tell he was trying hard not to sound nervous which made me smile.

"At the pool?" I smirk.

"Look, it's fine if you don-"

"I'll be right down!" I intentionally cut him off.

I pull out my black bikini from my suitcase and rapidly put it on. I slip on a loose white v-neck and wear my red flannel and jean shorts over with my black sandals.
I make my way out into the cool night towards the pool.

I know it's "unprofessional" to talk business at the pool in bathing suits, but, I'm not much of a professional. I mean, I am when it's necessary, but right now it's just me and the band, not executives or other serious, sophisticated people.

I enter the gated pool and see four guys in the jacuzzi and instantly recognize Michael's fiery hair.

"Hey!" I greet all of them.

They all look at me with wide eyes making me feel self-conscious. Shit, I forgot to check if I had dry drool on my face.

"Something wrong?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Kara, uh, you have, um, something on your face," Michael anxiously says as he gets up to point where everyone's looking at.

"What is it?" I touch my cheek.

"Looks like someone drew a... dickonyou," he says rapidly.

"A what?"

"A dick." He avoids eye contact.

I roll my eyes and look over Michael's shoulder and notice one of the guys snickering.

"I'm gonna go wash this off, I'll be back," I tell Michael.

"I'm so sorry," he sighs.

"It's okay, I know who it was," I wink.