45

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - death, blood, fighting
CW - swearing

KARL -

I watched in horror as Quackity collapsed on the ground, blood blossoming across his stomach.
I tried to shove past Foolish but he was too strong.
"No! Quackity," I screamed, tears rolling down my face. I couldn't look away. Wilbur crouched beside him. They were speaking to each other. Wilbur began calling for a doctor. He held Quackity close. Quackity went limp in his arms.

"I'm sorry Karl," Foolish whispered in my ear, his eyes also focused on Quackity. I shook my head.
"Let me fucking go Foolish," I spat. Foolish frowned sadly,
"I can't do that, I'm sorry Karl," He gave me a friendly half smile and I spat in his face. He swore under his breath and used one hand to wipe away my spit.

I turned my attention back to the fight. I couldn't tell which side was winning, it was a mess of blood and gunshots.
I tried my best to avoid looking at Quackity but it was difficult. Every time my eyes strayed over to him, I noticed that Wilbur had not left his side. The brunette stubbornly sat beside Quackity, holding his body close, crying. I wanted desperately to run to them, to see Quackity. But Foolish would not let me go.

Then I heard someone shouting my name. I looked up in surprise.
Sapnap was sprinting towards me, knocking down anyone in his way. I let a smile light up my face when I saw him.
"Sapnap! Sap!" I yelled wildly, waving my hand at him. Foolish tried to yank me backwards but I gathered all of my strength and fought back.

I managed to break free from Foolish and I sprinted towards Sapnap who was trying to get past the boundary line of the Amigop's forces. I shoved people aside, screaming for them to let him through. Eventually, I reached Sapnap and he pulled me into his arms.
"You didn't have to give yourself up," He murmured as he ran his fingers through my hair. I nodded and burst into tears.

"Hey, whats wrong?" He asked, his eyes widened with surprise.
"Quackity's dead," I choked out, pointing a shaky finger towards the spot where Quackity lay. To my surprise, Wilbur still sat there, holding Quackity in his arms.
"No," Sapnap whispered. He grabbed my hand we began to make our way through the fight towards Quackity and Wilbur.

I could tell the battle was coming to an end, so many lives had been lost and neither side wanted to lose anymore. Sapnap and I crouched beside Wilbur. He was sobbing, holding Quackity close to him. He was whispering under his breath and as we drew closer, I could make out the words he was saying.

"I'm sorry,
I'm sorry,
I'm sorry,
I'm sorry,
I'm sorry,
I'm sorry,
I'm sorry,
I'm sorry,"

I gently reached out and placed a hand on Wilbur's shoulder. He flinched and looked up at me,
"What happened?" I asked quietly, trying not to look at Quackity's lifeless body. Wilbur held back a sob as he took a breath to speak,
"He got shot. It all happened so fast. Karl, I messed up everything with him and he- he died before I could make it right," Tears rolled down his cheeks, "I'm sorry," He whispered.

"Quackity didn't deserve to die," Sapnap said, his voice hollow, "He's my best friend, he's the funniest person I've ever met. I can't see a world without him," I pulled Sapnap gently into my arms as he began to cry.
"I'm so sorry," Wilbur murmured, staring at Sapnap.

All around us, the Amigops were yelling, calling for a ceasefire. The SBI and Bad Halo had won.

The gunfire slowly stopped and a quiet began to sweep the battle field.

Then the screaming started.

People dropped their guns only to find their friends and family dead. I looked up and saw Tina crying over Rae's dead body. I felt a stab of sadness in the pit of my stomach. Yelling erupted a few feet away and everyone looked up.
"You killed my son! You killed your own brother!" Philza stood a few feet away, holding Tommy's body in his arms. Techno stood a few feet away, a bloody axe held loosely in one hand.

Technoblade looked horrified as he stared at Tommy.
"I- I didn't mean to," Techno murmured, "What have I done?" He stumbled backwards. Philza looked down at his son, his eyes brimming with tears. Tubbo ran over to them, yelling Tommy's name. I couldn't bear to watch anymore. I turned my gaze back to Quackity.

Dream and George found our group a few minutes later. Both of them were relatively unscathed. They both gasped when they caught sight of Quackity. George collapsed on the floor and burst into tears. I silently moved away so that Sapnap and George could grieve together, they'd been his best friends after all.

Dream and I stepped away from the small group.
"You okay?" Dream asked quietly. I nodded and folded my arms across my chest.
"This fight was pointless," I muttered under my breath, "Quackity died for nothing,"
"Yeah," Dream said, "I'm sorry Karl, I didn't know Quackity but he seemed like a great guy,"

"I wouldn't know," I chuckled, "He spent most of our time together beating the shit out of me," I let a small smile grace my lips as Dream stifled a laugh,
"Sorry, that shouldn't be funny," He grinned.
"It is a bit funny," I smiled back. Dream draped his arm around my shoulder in a friendly manner.

"I think everything will be okay," He said softly, "And me and you, we have to be there for George and Sapnap," He gazed over at Sapnap, George and Wilbur. I nodded,
"Yeah, we'll take care of them," I agreed.

Dream and I smiled fondly at Sapnap and George. The pair still crouched beside Quackity, their arms around each other. After a while they got to their feet, Wilbur stood up, carrying Quackity in his arms. They made their way over to us,
"There's a nice apple tree near here," Wilbur said quietly, "Maybe we could bury him there?"

The four of us nodded.
Then Dream took George's hand in his and I took Sapnap's hand in mine and together we followed Wilbur away from the battlefield.
We headed towards the untouched, beautiful orchard.
We headed to lay our friend to rest.

Word count - 1069

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!