NIGHTMARE {GN}

Another fluff chapter cuz why not

You snuggled up in your lover's embrace, a warm smile plastered on their face. They held your chin up to have you look at them, quickly placing little kisses all over you.

You giggled softly, somehow holding onto them even tighter than before. They left one last peck on your nose before pulling away, allowing you to bury your head back into the crook of their neck, where it previously rested.

They whispered sweet nothings into your ear, rubbing your back in circles and holding you close.

You and Hange had done tons of significant things together, but it was the little moments like this that made you happier than anything else.

"I love you, my Hange." You whispered, kissing their neck softly.

They giggled at the sensation, then responding, "I love you too, my y/n." You attempted to get closer than you already were, knowing very well it was impossible.

Soon, the situation you were in lulled you to sleep. In contrast to what reality was at the moment, your dream was horrifying.

It started with you waiting outside Hange's work building, getting ready to surprise them with a birthday present you spent days working on.

It was 5 minutes before their shift was supposed to end, and you were dying with anticipation.

Then, you saw the fire.

People screamed and ran everywhere, riddled with panic. The situation was horrible. You looked around, begging to find Hange in the crowd of escaped people.

You did find them, eventually. Their body was burned, almost beyond recognition. They were gone.

You woke up in a sweat, hyperventilating and crying. Hange was asleep, and you knew that, but you couldnt help but be scared that they really were dead.

"Hange? Are you alive? Hangeee??" You choked out, shaking your lover slightly.

They woke up, but were instantly devastated at the sight of you, panicked and in tears.

"What's wrong, dear? Are you okay?" They asked, hugging you tight and beginning to tear up themselves.

"I had a dream where you were in your work building and I was outside waiting for you and before you got out there was a fire and-"

Hange shushed you, patting your back and reassuring you that everything was okay.

"Hey, baby, calm down. Just tell me the part that had you scared, okay?" They whispered, kissing your forehead softly.

"Y-you died." You stuttered, struggling to get the words out of your mouth.

"Aww baby, it's all gonna be okay. I will never ever leave you behind. I'm not going to die any time soon, I promise." They reassured, holding you lovingly.

You buried your head in their chest, crying hysterically in the arms of your beloved.

"I love you so much." You cried out, wrapping your arms around them.

"I love you too, sweetheart." They whispered, kissing the top of your head lightly.

"Take some deep breaths baby, okay? Do you want some water?" They asked, to which you nodded.

"Would you like to come with me?" You nodded once again. You held onto their shirt sleeve as they got up, following them into the kitchen for a cup of water.

They filled it up in the water dispenser, handing it to you quickly after. You drank it slowly, knowing they would slow you down themselves if you chugged it like you wanted to.

You finished the cup, throwing it away and following Hange back to the room. You laid on them the same way as you had before you went to sleep.

They rubbed your back, the motion making you tired until you drifted off once more.