|23| Morse Code

"What the hell is happening?"

"The mind flayers angry"

Leahs pov

We spend the next hour setting up the shed. Hanging up tarps, emptying it. When it was finally time, Jonathon brought Will in and set him on the chair that was in the middle of the room and tied him to it. We plug in the lights.

"Leah! I want you in here. For backup" Hopper tells me.

"Uh, ok" i reply.

"All right, you ready?" Hopper asks.

"Yeah" Joyce responds.

Hopper walks over to him and poors the Bo Peep stuff on a cotton ball and brings it to Wills nose, making him wake up with a gasp.

He looks around with a confused look on his face.

"What? What? What is this?" Will asks as he tries to get out of the ropes. "What is this?"

"Will. We just want to talk to you" Joyce says calmly, while kneeling down to his level.

Hopper comes by him and holds up the drawing. "Do you recognize this?" Hopper asks.

Will shakes his head no.

"We want to help you. But in order to do that you have to tell us how to kill it" Joyce says.

"Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up?" He yells and continues repeating the question getting louder every time.

"Let me go! Let me go!" He starts repeating and his voice gets deeper.

"What the hell is happening?" I whisper to Mike.

"The mind flayers angry" he whispers back.

The lights start flickering and his voice goes back to normal. He stops yelling and Joyce sits on the chair across from him.

"Do you know what March 22 is?" She asks him, getting no response. "Its your birthday. Your birthday"

Will gets a sad look on his face as his breathing starts to slow down more.

"When you turned 8, I gave you that huge box of crayons. Do you remember that? It was 120 colors. And all your friends, they got you Star Wars toys, but all you wanted to do was draw with your new colors. And you drew this big spaceship, but it wasn't from a movie. I-it was your spaceship. A rainbow ship is what you called it. And you mustve used every color in the box. I took that with me to Melvald's and I put it up and I told everyone who came in. 'My son drew this'. And you were so embarrassed. But I was so proud. I was so, so proud" Joyce says, holding back tears.

"Do you remember the day dad left?" Jonathon asks as Wills head turns to him. "We stayed up all night building Castle Byers, just the way you drew it. And it took so long because you were so bad at hammering. You'd miss the nail everytime. And then it started raining, but we stayed out their anyways"

"Do you remember the first day of kindergarten?" Mike asks. "I was alone and so scared. But then I saw you on the swings and, you were alone too. So I walked up to you and asked if you wanted to be friends. And you said yes. It was the best thing I've ever done.

"Remember after you got saved?" I ask. "We were so happy to see you, and you were so confused on how it was possible that we had met a girl with superpowers"

Will starts to shake a little, looking like he wants to cry. His hand starts twitching.

"Will baby... if you're in there, just please.... please talk to us. Please honey can you do that? Please. I love you so much" Joyce says, her voice is quivering so much...

Wills face turns evil "Let me go" he demands.

"Oh my god" i whisper.

Will starts tapping the chair. Me and hopper walk into the house and grab a piece of paper.

Lucas sees that I'm on the verge of tears and he hugs me.

"What happened?" Dustin asks as Hopper sits down.

"I think hes talking, just not with words." Hopper says as he writes down the rythym.

"H- e - r - e" he says.

"Here" everyone reads.

"Will's still in there. Hes talking to us" Hopper says.

Jonathan goes and grabs a speaker and a tape. He hits play and it starts playing 'Should I Stay or Should I Go"

"Do you remember the first time I played you this?" Jonathan asks, sitting across from Will. "Mom and Dad were both arguing in the next room. So I played you the mixtape I made you. And it was the first time you got into music. Real music"

Will taps again. We continue telling stories, getting more and more out of him. The phone rings, getting Wills and everyones attention. His eyes start rolling to the back of his head and he starts breathing heavily.

"It knows. It knows where we are" Hopper says.

"Oh shit" Joyce whispers as she puts a medicine into Will, knocking him put immediately. We run into the house.

"Get away from the windows!" Hopper yells at the others, who are looking outside.

"Do you know how to use this?" Hopper asks Jonathan while holding up a gun.

"What?" He asks.

"Can you use this?" Hopper asks more aggressively.

"I can" Nancy offers, and Hopper throws it to her.

Steve gets his bat with nails, Lucas gets his slingshot, I grab my knife. Theres a loud noise outside of the door, making all of us turn that way.

They continue growling and we keep turning, until one of them... sounds like their in pain? Theres a thud and the noises stop. Then, it comes flying through the window, making us all yell and aim at it. But it dosent move. Its dead.

The door creaks, and unlocks by itself. We aim our weapons towards it. The slide lock slides off, and someone walks in. I barely recognize her at first but I soon realize that,....

Its Eleven.

999 words