|41| Fear

"Sweeter. Bolder. Better"

"You're insane"

●●●●●

Eleven sat in front of an open freezer full of Eggos, and everyone surrounded her. Leah was in between Lucas and Max.

Lucas grabbed his Coke can, and opened it, which of course made a pop. Leah slightly hit his arm.

"Sorry" He quietly winced, taking a sip of his Coke.

"How do you even drink that?" Mike asks him.

"Because it's delicious" Lucas answers.

"What?" Leah and Mike ask at the same time.

"It's like Carpenters 'the thing'" Lucas says. "The orginal is a classic, no question about it. But the remake..." He trails off and takes a sip, pinkie up. He starts chugging it (rather loudly if Leah was being honest) and lets out a satisfied sigh, smacking his lips. "Sweeter. Bolder..." he starts before whispering, "better"

"You're insane" Mike insists.

Leah leans over to Lucas. "Come here" She whispers.

"Where are you guys going?" Will asks.

"To the... bathroom" Leah lies. "I don't wanna go alone"

Once they get to an aisle away from the others, she just hugs him.

"I'm scared, Lucas" She says into his shoulder.

"I know, Leah. But when El is all better, this will be done with for good. No more monsters. No more demogorgons" Lucas comforts her, rubbing her back.

Leah was terrified. She was so scared of the fact that if Lucas hadn't cut that arm off of El, El would've died that night. If you were tell her that this what was gonna happen 5 years ago? She would've laughed in your face.

After Eleven explained to them what she saw, they went shopping for supplies, Lucas pushing the cart.

"Are you sure he said gate?" Max asks.

"Yeah, like he didn't say 'this movies great?" Will asks.

"Sounded like gate" Eleven states.

"Yeah, which totally explains how the Mind Flayer is still alive" Mike says.

"Yeah, we just have to shut it again" Nancy suggests.

"Then the monster dies" Will adds.

"But, if not, we have Lucas's fireworks" Max jokes, opening the door for Lucas.

"Keep mocking my plan, Max. Keep mocking it" He dares the red-head. "I wanna hear you say it again, because you keep doubting me. You keep doubting me!"

"Ridiculous" Max sighs.

"Will?" Lucas asks. "We're gonna prove them wrong, right?"

"Oh, yeah" Will smiles.

A/n

Super short chapter but I didn't want to get into the mall scenes in this one