☾ nine

a.n: j a quick one before we start, pls note that i don't know a whole lot ab DID, so if i get anything wrong ab the fronting and shit, pls lmk in the comments and i'll be sure to change it straight away<3

here's the final chapter, as promised! hope u enjoy it as much as i enjoyed writing in here:)

y/n.

my knuckles ripped the slightest bit when i punched the rock wall in front of me, but the skin seemed to repair itself in an instant. the rock fell with a single hit, making an echoing boom throughout what was left of the chamber. i just then noticed how easy it was to push the rock wall, which was much larger and heavier than me.

i stepped out and was able to look at what exactly i was wearing and what i'd agreed to. shock overrun my face when i examined my suit. it was everything i could've imagined and more. i guess having a suit was a pretty big perk to the 'hero' gig.

i felt two large rod objects on my back, so i grabbed what felt like handles and released them, only to step forward and see that they were connected to wings.

i couldn't help it when a smile creeped up on my face. but it quickly disappeared when i remembered about harrow, marc, and steven.

i quickly folded my wings onto my back again and ran out of the temple as fast as i could, pushing any rubble in my way with my newfound strength.

when i made it out, i saw konshu and ammit, the sizes of mountains, fighting one another. i quickly ran in the other direction, bumping into a life-sized hippo. "umph! what the-?!"

"y/n! hello! we finally get to meet in person! it is an absolute pleasure to meet you-"

"h-hi, i'm glad to meet you too, taweret, but i'm in a huge hurry. where's marc? did they make it out?"

"oh, yes! they did! they're in the city fighting, you must find them."

relief ran over me when i heard they'd made it out, but i still had to find them and defeat barrow. "how the hell am i gonna get over there?" i looked back at ammit and konshu, seeing no way around.

"well, the wings aren't there for decor."

the wind blew in my hair and adrenaline coursed through my veins as i flew through the city, looking for any signs of a fight. when i hard loud blasts and saw two people crash, i knew it was harrow and marc.

i took a strong turn and landed on a building. my eyes landed on marc on the floor, and harrow standing above him, holding up his axe. i flew down the building and kicked harrow down before he could hit marc, making him fly back into a building.

i panted, and looked back down at marc. he leaned up against his arm and laid his eyes on me, "y/n?" he was in what looked like his traditional moonknight suit, a mask covering his face.

my grin was cut short when i saw harrow come towards me with his axe. i ran towards him and blocked his blast with my wings, throwing it back at him and hurtling him far into a market alley.

"y/n-" this time, i heard a british accent i new far too well.

i whipped my head at the sound and saw who i thought was a ghost.

"steven-" i crashed into his arms and felt never ending tears start up. he held the back of my head while his other arm squeezed my back.