Chapter 7: Ninetails' Kisses

Kujira brought us to his room. He shut the door tightly behind him and gestured for me to keep my voice down. He leaned up against the door as if to keep it barricaded from anyone getting in. This was very strange to me. What's with the sneaking around? Why was Kujira spying on me or spying on Papa? I needed to know what was going on here. I sat at the chair tucked neatly under his dark oak wood desk. He had crafted both the desk and the chair by himself when he learned how to use tools. He enjoyed fiddling with wood and building different structures.

"You know I would be careful around Papa." He whispered.

I raised my brow. "What are you talking about? Papa wouldn't hurt anyone."

He sighed. "What do you think Papa has been doing in his lab?"

"His experiments are for the good of the Leaf Village. He's using them to enhance all of our lives."

"So, who's the guy he's working with?"

"That's Lord Danzo. I'm working for him in the Foundation."

"And your job is...?"

"That's classified."

"Why does Father have you working for him?"

"How do you know that?"

"Ryoko! This doesn't seem like it's suspicious to you at all."

"No, it's not."

"There are suspicions that Papa is working with Lord Danzo to-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Kujira." Do you hear yourself? Papa is loyal to the village. He only wants the best for the-"

Kujira cut me off as I was starting to get riled up by pulling my shirt down to reveal a mark on my shoulder. In a circular pattern were three feathers, these showed up the night Papa bit my shoulder. I didn't know what it meant or why I had them. But whatever it was it did feel like it held something, something that was similar to chakra but it was different from normal chakra. Quickly I pulled up my shirt to cover my exposed shoulder and part of my chest.

"Dammit. He's got you wrapped around his finger..." Kujira sighed. "You do what you want, just be careful around Dad, okay?"

"I'll be careful but Papa would never hurt me."

"I know...you're his everything."

I was shocked. "What do you mean?"

"You mean everything to that man. For whatever reason Dad has a fixation on you. That thing on your shoulder has a lot to do with it. I don't know exactly what it does but it links you to Dad in some way."

"I know you're worried about me, Kujira. But trust me. I know what I'm doing." I said as I placed my hand on his shoulder and smiled at him.

"I'm your brother, it's my job to worry about you, okay?"

I nodded. "I promise. I'll be safe. As long as you promise me you'll be safe too."

He wrapped me in his arms. "I promise."

My fealty towards Papa won't be broken. I couldn't imagine him actually hurting a single soul. Papa loves this family and the Leaf village. So never in my wildest dreams would I try to stop his goal. If I could help him reach it when I will. Even if that means spying on Danzō.

~~~~~~

A few more months passed, and I no longer saw Kakashi around anymore I wondered what long term mission he was sent on. But I knew this time that I would finally make my move the next time I saw him. We were older then. Our experiences had changed us for the better. I spent more of my time helping out Kushina with her pregnancy. I was there with her when she went out shopping, I helped her cook and clean. I made sure that my sensei was well taken care of while she was pregnant.