Part 12: Awakening

You haven't gotten sleep in three days because you were so worried about Draco.
You loved him you always had and always would. People have died playing Quidditch and because of golden boy Draco's at least seriously injured.

"Draco I don't know if you can hear me but you need to stay strong. You need to stay strong for me, for us. I can't lose you. I love you Draco Lucius Malfoy. I've loved you ever since you came to my house and told me I was gorgeous. I love the way you hold me like you're going to lose me. I love the way that you act so tough but then when you are with me show me your true self. The part of you that is vulnerable and doesn't want to lose more than he already has. I love your eyes that I love getting lost in. I love your kindness and sympathy. So please for God sake hang on. It's my turn to protect you." The words 'I will always protect you' make their way into your head. You remember that day on the walk to school. When you tripped you saw panic in his eyes he was genuinely worried about you and cared about you. You can't lose him not now not ever.
All of a sudden Draco wakes up with a sharp inhale of air.

"Y/n where is she"

"I'm here I'm right here."

You give him a huge hug. Until he winces in pain.

"Are you ok?" You pull off him. You see him holding his ribs.

"Yeah I'm ok just took a 20-foot fall."

"Sorry"

"I heard you by the way I love you too"

"You heard me even in a coma? I wonder how the science of that works."

"I'm glad you're ok but I'm going to get the nurse" You kiss him on the forehead and tell him you love him. You get the nurse and she comes in to check on him.

"He's all clear he will be able to go but I advise he stays in one of the dorms at Hogwarts."

You both give a sigh of relief and you walk out with his arm around you partly for comfort and partly for support.
You decide to stay with Draco at the dorm they gave him to stay at. And for the first time in days, you were able to sleep and you did it in Draco's arms.