0.2

' suicide? '

' suicide? '

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Rain hammered outside, slamming against the windows of the Wheeler household. Dustin, Lucas, and Mike stood before a girl in the basement, who was sat down nervously in front of them. Thunder rumbled, the girl flinching slightly at the loud sound.

She was breathing heavily, Mikes jacket wrapped around her shoulders. "Is there a number we can call for your parents?" He asked, the girl snapping to look at him fearfully.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin questioned, leaning forward slightly.

"Did you run away?" Lucas chimed.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?" Lucas went to touch the small red patch on her shirt, Mike slapping his hand away.

"Stop it! You're freaking her out!" Mike yelled, staring at him dumbfound.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas shot back.

"I bet she's deaf." Dustin added, leaning forward and clapping his hands loudly in front of her face. She flinched back, "Not deaf."

"All right, that's enough, alright? She's just scared and cold." Mike held his hand out for them to stop, Lucas jumping with a grin when he had an idea.

"Why don't we call Mads? She can help, and she wouldn't tell anyone. Plus, she's a girl, she might talk to her." He suggested, Dustin nodding.

"No, just wait. Okay, if we need too, we'll tell Mads. But, not yet, we don't know anything about her." Mike argued, walking over to a laundry basket and pulling out some fresh clothes.

She flinched back at the thunder, "Here, these are clean, okay?" Mike handed out the clothes, the girl hesitantly taking them.

She brought it closer to her face, stroking it against her cheek before placing them to the side and shrugging off the jacket.

She stood up, about the pull the hem of her shirt up when Mike and the others began yelling. "No, no, no!" 

"Oh, my god, oh, my god, oh, my god!" Dustin shouted, both him and Lucas spinning around and covering their eyes.

Mike placed his hand on her frail arm, pointing over to a door, "See over there? That- That's the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?"

She looked between him and the door, slowly leaning down and taking the clothes. She entered the bathroom, looking around in awe at the clean room. Mike went to close the door behind her, but her hand stopped him before it shut fully.

"You don't want it closed?" He asked.

"No." She answered quietly, a small smile tugging at Mikes lips.