0.4

' crying and screaming '

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Madeleine hugged her arms to her chest, her leather jacket not doing very well in warming her up. Maddie furrowed her eyes as they stopped at the Byers house, Eleven turning around to face them.

"Here." She stated, Maddie shaking her head confused.

"Yeah, this is where Will lives." Mike told her.

"Hiding."

"No, no, this is where he lives. He's missing from here. Understand?" Mike clarified, Dustin dropping his bike to the floor as he panted.

"What are we doing here? We could've just taken Mads car." Lucas implied, throwing his arm toward her.

"She said this is where he's hiding."

"Um... no!" Lucas shot, Maddie rolling her eyes.

"I swear, if we walked all the way out her for nothing-" Dustin whined, Lucas cutting him off.

"That's exactly what we did! I told you she didn't know what the hell she was talking about!"

"Hey!" They all jumped as Maddie yelled, glaring at the boys. "That's enough! We're trying to find Will, if you want her help, then maybe you should all stop being little dickheads and let her do what she needs! Alright?"

They nodded vigorously, hanging their heads low. "Now, El. Can you tell us why you brought us here?" Maddie asked softly, Eleven smiling at her thankfully.

"Uh, guys." Dustin brought their attention to him before Eleven could answer, the sound of sirens approaching making them move forward slightly, Maddie standing in front of them.

They watched as two police cars and an ambulance drove past, Maddie not hesitating to run after them. The boys got on their bikes, Eleven getting on Mikes as they followed after Madeleine.

Her boots clashed against the grass and concrete, her hair flying back and her necklaces jumping as she ran after the ambulance and police. "Mad! Wait up!" Lucas called, although his voice was muffled by the wind speeding past her as she sprinted.

She slowed down when she reached the lake, "No, no, no." She whispered, spotting Hopper get out of his car. "Hopper!" She screamed, running up to him as he spun around.

"Madeleine? What the hell are you doing here?"

"I was out looking for Will when I saw you driving past, what happened? Is it Will?" She rushed, trying to look past him.