I am Damaged

Warning: Violence, mentions of suicide.

Keith ran into the gym, where the music was on and people were partying in their prom suits and dresses. It didn't really look like a prom, more like a college homecoming party and those were crazy.

He bumped into Mrs.Flemming,"Oh, Keith! Uhm, where's Lance? I thought he was gonna be your date tonight." Keith walked right past her,"He killed himself." Mrs.Flemming gasped and Keith payed her no attention. 

He tucked the bomb deeper in his jacket, careful to not set it off. He went behind the bleachers and grabbed duck tape, taping the first set of TNT to the metal. He did this everywhere behind the bleachers and under the tables. Then he went downstairs into the boiler room.

Lance came running in,"Mrs.Flemming, where did Keith go?!" Mrs.Flemming sighed,"Oh my Lance! Keith told me you had killed yourself before he went downstairs. We made you a memorial." She pointed to a table with confetti and a balloon that said in paper, 'we will miss u'

Lance rolled his eyes and ran downstairs. If Keith talked about blowing up the school, he'd just might do it. If anything, he's probably in the boiler room. Lance took a different and quicker exit, running to the room.

Keith opened the door to the boiler room and locked the door behind him. He turned around and Lance smirked,"May I see your hall pass?" Keith's eyes widened before he ducked his head and chuckled at himself," I knew the loose was too noose-I mean the noose was too loose." He walked up to Lance, holding him tightly and hugging him. He breathed in deeply," I knew it. I knew you'd be back. You'll always come back to me." He kissed Lance's temple, but then felt something hard press against his chest. Keith looked down and saw Lance holding a gun to his chest, ready. "A bomb in the boiler room to set off a pack of  thermal upstairs. Let's begin by putting the bomb on the ground.." Keith grinned slyly,"But you didn't say 'Simon says...'" Immediatly he grabbed the gun and twisted it, Lance yelped in pain and he let go. Keith used the moment to grab his shoulders,"I'm sorry, love. I'm doing this for you." He kneed him in the stomach and Lance sank to the ground.

He walked past him, grabbing the bomb and he began strapping it to a boiler. When he finished, he set the timer to ten minutes. Ten minutes and it'll all be over. He heard footsteps behind him but it was too late, Lance had hit him with a nearby metal pole. It hit his back and Keith groaned in pain on the floor. Keith swept his leg and Lance came tumbling right next to Keith. Keith grabbed him and they wrestled and grappled on the floor. In their struggle, Lance's face was scratched deeply and he began to bleed. Lance pulled Keith's hair and Lance punched him in the jaw, forming a bruise. Keith picked him up and pushed him against a wall. Keith gripped his shoulders and tilted his head, kissing Lance. Lance pulled away,"You don't have to do this." Keith clutched him harder,"Yes I do!" Lance reached up and held his face in his hands,"What are you trying to do? What do you want to prove?" Keith looked him in the eyes,"Yeah, maybe I'm killing everyone in the school. No one loves me!" Keith's eyes suddenly watered,"No one does, you don't, my father doesn't, only my mother did and she ended herself because of me. Let's face it, the only way where different social types can get along is in heaven. I had to watch my mother die, move around, meet you and you crushed me. You broke my heart and then did the same thing my mother did. I love you. More than anything, I'd do anything for you. These jocks, these girls hurt you I'm just getting justice!" 

"People are going to look at the ashes of Westerberg and say,'There is a school that self-destructed not because society didn't care....but because the school was society!"

Lance pushed him away and grabbed his gun, holding it up and shaking. Keith's eyes watered,"Pretty deep huh?" Keith made a move towards the nearby metal pole but Lance shot his hand. Keith screamed in pain, clutching his fingers. 

Lance's eyes watered," I love you, Keith. So what if the world hates us, keep it locked out there." Lance lowered the gun,"Just be with me...forget the world, the world is cruel. I'll be here. I wanna be with you just forget this! Forget Heather Duke, she's not gonna rule this place. Not while I'm here. Blowing up the school and murder isn't the solution to every fucking problem. I'm here." Lance dropped the gun and knelt by Keith, ripping of a piece of his shirt and trying it around Keith's hand, who shrieked in pain," I'm here, and I'm here to stay." Keith curled into a ball, and began to sob.

He weeped and Lance held him, crying along with him. Keith croaked out,"Dis..arm..." Lance flinched,"We need to disarm the bomb. Keith, which button do I press?" Lance shifted and turned around, grabbing Keith's other hand. Keith looked up and murmured," I don't...deserve you.." Lance bit his lip. The bomb had three red buttons lined next to each other.

"Which one, Keith?"

20 seconds.

Keith chuckled," The red one."

Lance glared at him and Keith coughed,"The middle." Lance pressed the button, it barely stopping at 15 seconds.

Lance smiled, then he started to laugh. He laughed for a while. "We did it." Lance squeezed his good hand,"We did it. It's okay now." Keith stared at their intertwined fingers. He didn't deserve him, did he?

Lance grabbed him,"Come on, do you know how to fix a bullet wound?" Keith shook his head numbly. Lance smiled and walked in front of him. Keith grabbed the bomb.

They walked outside to the football field. Lance let go of his hand and began to think,"In football, people get seriously injured, they probably have a first aid kit. I could take you to a hospital and say someone random shot you...then they'd be trying to catch the fake guy for a while..Keith?"

Lance turned around and gasped, flinching. "Keith, no-" Keith smiled, the bomb strapped around his waist with tape. Lance ran to him,"Keith, what are you doing, take it off!" Keith smiled," I am damaged. Far too damaged. But you are not beyond repair. I don't deserve a second chance. Stick around here and make things better. " Keith cupped his cheek and and wiped a stray tear. "Please stand back now." Lance shook his head and Keith pushed him gently but enough to make him stumble back. Keith grinned and reached out with his good hand, waving him off, holding the bomb with the other hand,"A little further." Lance shook his head again and was about to take a step forward before Keith pressed the button on the bomb, the timer going again. Lance fearfully took a step back and Keith chuckled at the ticking bomb," Don't know what this thing will do."

Lance couldn't stop crying,"I hope you miss me." Keith smiled sadly,"I kinda wish you'd kiss me." 

"Please know, I worship you. I'm trading my life for yours.""

10 seconds.

Lance brought his hands to his face,"Oh my god."

Keith began to cry too,"And once I disappear. Could you clean this mess?" Lance shook his head,"Wait, hold on.

8 seconds.

In a flash, Lance ran to Keith, hugging him. Keith tried to push him away. 5 seconds. "Wait, hold on!" Lance un-wrapped the bomb and turned around, throwing it away as fast as he could.

1.

The bomb set off  in midair. The force of the explosion caused Keith and Lance to stumble back. Smoke dusted their face and Keith turned to Lance,"What the hell, you almost died doing that!!" Lance glared at him,"You actually were trying to kill yourself." Keith scoffed, wiping his tears,"God. We're messed up." Lance smiled and got up, dusting himself off the best he could. He grabbed Keith's good hand and pulled him up, kissing him as he did. Keith melted into it, kissing him back,"I love you." Lance sighed against his lips," I love you too. Don't hurt yourself for me. We'll get better. Both of us...together, okay?" Keith nodded,"Okay."

Everyone else who had been partying and enjoying prom rushed out to see what was the noisy explosion. Keith and Lance walked together hand in hand all bloody and bruised and covered in smoke. Heather Duke, wearing all red and Heather Chandler's red scrunchie walked up to Lance. "Lance, what the fuck?! Everyone has been saying you killed yourself! You look like hell!" Lance smiled,"Thanks, I just got back."

He turned around Duke and grabbed her scrunchie. He wore it around his wrist as Duke protested,"Lance, what are you doing?"

"There's a new captain in town, babe."