Chapter 14 - A Final Goodbye

(Lopi POV)

(3 days later)

I decide to ask Toothless if he wanted to come with Melora and I to Furia. I don't know if he is mad at me but I'll try.

I find Toothless and go up to him.

"What." He said to me stubbornly.

Yeah. He is still slightly mad at me.

"Okay, anyway let me just get straight to the point. Melora and I are going to Furia tomorrow do you want to come with us?" I say to him.

"Wait. Your leaving tomorrow? You have barely been here for a month!" He said to me.

"Yeah I get it but I have nothing over here too lose, if you understand."

"I get it."

"So do you want to come or stay back here."

"I mean since I dont want too leave Hiccup, I guess I'll stay here."

"Okay, cool, well I am going to get myself ready, so I'll talk to you when I am about to leave."

"Er, okay"

I walk away and go back to my den to prepare myself to leave tomorrow. I guess this place was alright and all that. Aside them making me choose a rider.

Toothless seems sad. Does he really want me to stay here? Because I definitely want to leave.

Hopefully, the journey would be worth it. Hopefully, my family is at Furia waiting for me!

(Toothless POV)

I can not believe that he is already leaving! He has not even been in Berk for a month and he already wants to leave.

Ugh, whatever. It is his choice after all. I understand why he wants to leave. He does not have anything here and rather go over there and maybe find his family.

I go over to a near by forest and just lay my head down. Why I'm I so sad?

I don't know if Lopi even is my friend. I just look up at the birds that flew by and the trees swing in the distance.

I decide to cure my sadness with a walk around Berk. Maybe the nature and scenery would cheer me up at least a little.

Berks new homes were cool and all but it did not make me happy again.

Come on Toothless just suck it up it is not that big of a deal. It's not like I knew Lopi for my entire life. I am overthinking this by a mile.

(Lopi POV)

I go over to a near by river to get fish for dinner for the last time here. Not something to be missed to be honest.

I grab about 3 fish and eat them. Should be good enough. I decide to just go to sleep a lot earlier today, so I am well rested for the flying I have to do for the next few weeks.

I practiced all day yesterday and I am doing alright and I can fly on my own for the most part. On my way back I ran into Melora.

"Everything ready for you?" She asked me.

"Yeah. Everything should be fine. How about you?"

"I got everything sorted out. Hopefully my sisters will comply with me."

We had a laugh and both head to are dens for a quick night's rest. I enter my den and see the nice sunset in the horizon. Not worth watching.

I am not really into that stuff. I look around one last time in my den. Nothing special too be honest just rocks. Anyways I should be getting ready for bed. I lay down and close my eyes ready for a big day tomorrow.

(Morning)

I wake up to the sound of birds. Guess that's my wake up call. I get up and stretch my wings hoping they can last numerous hours of flying non stop.

I walk outside my den and into the sun. I go over to Melora's den to see she's all set.

"You guys ready?" I ask her.

"Mhm. You?"

"Yep! Let me just day bye to Toothless I guess."

I walk down the mountain and try to find Toothless to say a final goodbye and finally leave this place. I spot him near the river and I go up to him and say "Well, I am about to leave. Thanks for the place to stay for this entire time. Bye." I say to him.

Did I rush that a little too much? Whatever, I just want to leave.

"Oh, ok. Well, hopefully you make it safely. Goodbye." Toothless said to me sadly.

Does he care this much? I walk back to meet back up with Melora and get ready to fly out of here.

"Okay, now I am good." I say to her.

"Perfect, Orla, Eldora, you guys ready?" 

"Ready!" Both of them shout.

All 4 of us took off into the sky. A new adventure awaits now! I am very excited.

Chapter 14 done! Lopi and Melora have left. Toothless seems bummed about the whole thing. Have a good day!

Word Count: 831