Chapter 18 - We've Found It

(Lopi POV)

(3 weeks later)

I wake up from the cave we were all camped out in. We have been flying for weeks. We have to be close to Furia.

"This should be our last day of flying. Furia is a few miles away." Melora said to us.

That's great news. I am so excited to see what Furia looks like. And hope my family is there of course.

"Let's go now so we will arrive this evening." Melora said to us.

"Good idea." I reply.

We all went out of the cave and into the sky. Finally, it's the final day of flying. It has been weeks. I just it is all worth it in the end.

This has been my biggest adventure yet and beats out all my other ones in my life.

Most of them were small city shops and this is the first one where I am actually flying! I never learned when I went too school.

I was kind of dumb.

I never got good grades or could understand anything fast. It took me a while just too learn anything.

"So do you think they are going to accept us in or how does this work?" I ask Melora.

"I am pretty sure we can just walk in, we are night furys after all." She said.

Makes sense.

We are dragons after all.

We should be accepted pretty easily.

"So what are you going to do when you arrive?" Melora asked me.

"Trying to find my family for sure. That is why I wanted to go." I said to her.

"Yeah, me too. I am hoping to find my parents aswell, I am hoping there alive after the war." She has mentions this war thing quite a few times. Maybe I should ask what happened.

"This war you were talking about. What happened?" I ask her curiously.

If this was weeks ago she wouldn't answer. But now, we have gotten more comfortable sharing are life stories.

"Well, I really didn't know much about it. All I knew my parents fought in it. Probably yours as well. Furia's army was not that big at the time. I think they learned now." She replied.

That was interesting. I never really been near a war before. Well one time in a small village I came across but I got out of there fast.

"We should be arriving in a few hours. Keep an eye out." Melora said to us.

"What does it look like?" I ask her.

"If you see many buildings and landmarks. It is probably the place. I've never seen any other city more advanced than Furia is. Furia is huge." She said to me.

Well, that got me more excited. I've been too a few big cities but nothing crazy like she is stating. Any second now we can be finally there.

This flying has been tiring. Especially for weeks almost non stop. I am excited for it too be over and find this place.

"You sure you know where your going just checking." I say to Melora.

"Don't worry we are. If we were I would have noticed weeks ago." She said to me.

I just wanted to make sure.

It would be horrible if we went off track.

"Okay, Furia should be around here somewhere. Keeping looking and see if we can find it." Melora said.

There were so many small islands around here. This is got to be the place somewhere around here. We kept looking. All we can see so far was many tiny islands.

"I think I remember these islands when I left. We are definitely in the spot. It can be anywhere around here. Keep looking." Melora said to us.

The sky was a little foggy so the visibility was not as good as it can be.

Suddenly, I see a island that was pretty big in the distance.

Can it be it?

Did we finally arrive?

"Hey, is it that island maybe?" I say to Melora while I was showing her.

I could only see the edge because of the fog but it looked big.

"That definitely could be it. It seems like a big island. Let's go check it out." Melora said.

We continued flying towards to island. We got closer and closer and the fog cleared up and we saw this huge island with houses, buildings, everything!

It looks absolutely stunning!

There were huge mountains and clear blue rivers.

"We are finally here. It looks better than ever!" I hear Melora say in excitement.

I saw many dragons all over the island.

"Come on guys let's go check it out!"

Done! Seems like Melora and Lopi have found Furia! Hope you guys are enjoying this story!

Word count: 792