Chapter 31 - Velvia's Secret

(Lopi's POV)

(2 weeks later)

I go outside to check the mail. I have not done in in a while so there might be some important things I will need to take care of. I open the mailbox and see a few things. Mostly water and electricity Bill's and also a letter. I saw the mail person drop off a letter last night and I waited to check it out today. I open it up to see what it said.

  "Dear Lopi, I know it's been a few weeks and all but I have something important to tell you. Something that is going to impact both of our lives in a big way. I want you to meet me at the hatchery today at anytime you can. It's important. Sincerely, Velvia."

The hatchery? Why there? I can't question it too much. 

I will have to go there and see what's up. She said it was going to impact both of our lives in a big way so it must be very important. I go back inside and put the letter down on a table and say to Magma "You going to be alright by yourself for a few hours. I need to go somewhere." I say to her. Magma nodded her head and continued on what she was doing.

 I go out the door and back outside on the way to the hatchery. I was excited to see what Velvia had to tell me. Hopefully it was something good. On the way I ran into Melora."Hey Lopi!" Melora said to me. "Hey. Everything going okay?" I ask her. "Yep! Everything is alright. I have some free time today. Want to hang out for a little while?" Melora asked me. "I'd love too, but Velvia said she had something very important to tell me right now so I want to see what it is. I have not seen her in weeks if you can understand." I told her. "I totally understand. Hope the news she gives you is good. If you have anymore free time, you can come over if you want." Melora said. "I'll keep that in mind, see you soon." I say to her while making my way to the hatchery. 

Maybe she wants to meet at the hatchery because it's a quiet spot. Not many dragons go there unless there having eggs. There is no way she is having eggs. Not in a million years. I arrive at the mountain where the hatchery was. There was no steps? Guess I have to fly up. I flew up to the hatchery. It was quite difficult since my flying abilities were still not too great. 

Finally, I was able to fly up and land near the entrance to the hatchery. That flying was hard, but let's see what Vel has to tell me.

 Hoping it is great news or something. I am not sure what to expect to be honest. She can say anything in this situation. I walk inside and see Velvia in the entrance. "There you are. I knew you would come." Velvia exclaimed.

 "Of course I would. I haven't seen you in weeks! What happened? I was panicking!" I say to her. "I knew you probably were. I know it was very unexpected for me to just leave like that but it was an important reason why." Velvia said to me.

 "This might be a surprise for you and probably not what you were thinking I was going to tell you but I hope your ready." Velvia said to me

. "I am ready. What do you have to say. Hopefully it's good news." I said to her waiting for what she had to say. "I dont need to say but show you something." She said.

 "Follow me. I hope you will like it." Velvia said. I thought she was going to day something. But, now it's show? This is going to be exciting. I wonder what it is. Weirdly, Vel started walking into the hatchery. "Why are we going into the hatchery?" I ask her

. "Well this is where it is. Come on. I can't wait to show you." Vel said as we walk into the hatchery. There were many dragons tending to their eggs. There were blue, silver, black, green and golden eggs everywhere. It was like a big rainbow of eggs. We continued walking down the hatchery. Why is this suprise in the hatchery.

 This is odd. Finally, we stopped at 4 black eggs.

 2 of them had purple spots, 1 with white spots, and finally another with green spots. "What are you trying to tell me here?" I ask while looking at the 4 eggs

. "The thing I am trying to tell you is I wasn't sick. I was pregnant with these eggs. I am going to be a mother. Lopi, your going to be an uncle!" "Wait what!?!?"

Chapter is finished! There is why Velvia was feeling so weird. She is going to have baby dragons! How cool! This was probably expected lol. We are getting close to end so I hope you enjoyed so far!

Word Count: 856 ( like 4 chapters have been 856 lol)