Phoenix (Top Gun) - Part Three

Fandom: Top Gun
Request: No
Genre: Fluff and Angst
M/F/NB: Male

✩ Enjoy ✩

Great Balls of Fire - Part Three

"We're doing what?" (Y/n) looked at Maverick like he was crazy.

"We're going to the beach." Maverick repeated to the group in the hanger, "So be quick to change. I expect to see you at the beach within the hour."

§

"Where is everyone?" (Y/n) looked around, Rooster looking around next to him.

"Hell if I know." Rooster sighed, before seeing one of the water footballs, quickly grabbing it. "Think fast!" He yelled, throwing the football at (Y/n), who was looking out to the water.

Luckily for (Y/n), he looked fast enough to catch the ball, the ball nearly hitting him in the face.

"Now that was dirty." (Y/n) held onto the ball with a death grip, "Better run."

Rooster took a moment to realize what he meant, before he took off.

(Y/n) drew his arm back, before quickly hurling his arm and the ball forward. It was quite the throw, the spin of the ball perfect, heading straight in the direction Rooster was running.

Before the running make could look up to try and catch the ball, he felt something slam into the back of his head, making him stumble forward.

"Son of a bitch!" He got up, rubbing the back of his head, the football rolling down in an awkward motion towards the water.

Rooster and (Y/n) both looked at each other, before breaking out into a full on sprints heading for the ball gettin swallowed into the waves.

Both of them got there around the same time, (Y/n) quick enough to grab it, Rooster grabbing his arm and pulling him forward.

Both of them started tussling in the waves, trying to get the ball from other, grunts of slight pain and coughing sounded, from getting water in their nose or accidentally swallowing some.

"Are you to going to keep fighting like dogs for a bone or are you gonna come join the class?" A familiar voice asked sarcastically, (Y/n) and Rooster pausing their dogfight to look.

Phoenix was standing over them with a raised eyebrow, wearing sunglasses, workout bra, and spandex shorts.

(Y/n) quickly adverted his eyes, realizing his eyes were lingering, having to look up to Phoenix. (Y/n) then quickly looked to Rooster, who was basically ogling, (Y/n) quickly slapping a hand over his eyes.

"Eyes on me Chicken, I saw those eyes lingering!" (Y/n) went back to tussling with Rooster, Rooster immediately doing the same.

Phoenix shook her head and let out a sigh, feigning disappointment, before walking to where the rest were.

After a few minutes, they'd finally finished, some fresh bruises and cuts, from shells, on them. While Rooster stood tall, (Y/n) held a nasty glare at him, before scanning his eyes over the crowd.

"Phoenix!" (Y/n) called, jogging over to her, smiling brightly.

She smiled too, though raised her eyebrows, "Done fighting with your boyfriend now?" She asked playfully and sarcastically, (Y/n) making a disgusted face.