poem 7

"I don't know what I did for you not to want me around anymore.." she stated quietly. he just shook his head, placing a hand on her shoulder. his eyes demanded her attention, and she was lost in their icy blue for the hundredth time that day. "you're too unpredictable, too reckless. you're going to get yourself and the people around you killed." he stated it as if he was reading off the weather report for that week. his face got blurry as her eyes filled with the heat of angry tears. she knocked his hand off her shoulder by turning sharply away. "you don't know what it's like, to have been locked in your room for eighteen years, and suddenly you're free? you have to go a little crazy to make up for all the lost time you should've been enjoying your teenage years! haven't you ever heard the phrase 'cheers to the teenage years'? well I'm trying to make reasons for me to say cheers. it's not my fault if you get in the way." she stood straight, her back to him and her posture rigid. she crossed her arms, waiting for his response. "I just wanted to love you." was all he said before she heard him leave the room, and the front door closing behind him.

-excerpt from a book
I'll never write #2(a•m)